Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be plopping money down later this week for my R/T.

I am trying to decide if I should get the extended warrenty.

Comments? Thoughts?

Thx

bsn

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Well the extended warranty is the bumper to bumper warranty. If you are planning on having this car for a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time, then I would say yes. If you may sell this car when it hits a certain mileage... then I would say hold off.

How much is the extended warranty no a days?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have always kept my cars long... my first car was 11 yrs old when i got rid of it.. over 250000 on it.. you cant beat a lifetime warranty on the car.... if you keep it a long time that is.. or of you will put a lot of miles on in a short time

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The current warrenty is 7yrs/75K miles, and it runs $1560.00, I am "retiring" and this car will have to last 10 years. My wife says I am hard on cars, snicker, which is why I am considering the extended warrenty. Even so, $1560 is a lot up front. I was wondering if I can get the car, and extend the warrenty afterwards?

·
Registered
477 Posts
I know the one I have is...... you can get it afterwards. from what I understand but the price goes up depending on the mileage you have.. always cheaper to get it upfront.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
thoughts

One thing important to remember is that the:smiley_thumbs_up: "lifetime warranty":smiley_thumbs_up: is the lifetime of the original owner. While this is great it is not all inclusive however. This includes the powertrain and engine only. Everything else is included in original and extended warranties.

Remember, almost everything in your purchase is negotiable. :box2:When I first got the initial papperwork it included the extended warranty at full price. I told them I needed a day to go over our finances and make a decision on the car.
One of the things I did was to research second party warranties and I got their prices for the car. I then went back to the dealer and when I told them I could get a similar warranty elsewhere, they dropped the price of the warranty to match what I had found online, about half off. I perfer to stick with a warranty from the dealer, less hassle when summiting claims. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
477 Posts
yes the liftime warranty the comes with the car is powertrain....how ever I also got am extended bumper to bumper lifetime warranty...

·
Registered
49 Posts
ill tell you in four years if it was worth it. im covered by the dealership for 3 years and im paying extra for the forth year bumper to bumper. it was about 15 bucks a month more which worked out to about 800 bucks over the course of the lease. I look at it as an insurance policy. Also, if something is gonna break its probobly gonna be the classic tail of just after your warrenty expired.

Also, the way i convinced myself to get the extra coverage was that i could easily piss away the extra 15 bucks on junk food and crap. Or i could put it towards my repair insurance policy.

Just my 2 cents,, good luck with the deal. Everyting is negotiable, squeeze for everything.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Never know when your gonna need it... Should just go ahead and get it.

I got mine for free though... :) So, Don't know how much it cost. Talked the finance lady into throwing it in with the deal... guess they didn't want me to go anywhere else. Got a good deal on my R/T!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well, you could always try...

My roommate went with me... he got a Ram w/ Hemi... they threw in the service package for free for him too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Too Funny...I got my extended bumper to bumper thrown in at the end with the finance guy as well...I told them I wasn't sure I was interested, and was going to walk...They told me I could have it for free...:smiley_thumbs_up:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts