Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 SE that's about as basic as it can get (except for my R/T rims) and I was wondering if there was any way I could purchase a kit (oem or aftermarket or scrapped from a junkyard) to add fog lights on to my car where they would normally be if they were stock

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
With the purchase of the bumper cover with Driving light openings yes otherwise NO unless you are handy with plastic working to cut and modify light buckets into the one you have (major work)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@5rebel9 do you know if the wiring hookups for fog lights would be on a stock avenger without them? It already has the bumper cutouts for the fog lights panels just no fixture it's just a flat panel

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
It would be best to go with an aftermarket kit. Even if you can find all of the factory components, you would still have to have it programmed into your ECU. There are some threads on the forum on this topic.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Well, That looks like a good set up to me! Nice job!And probably a lot easier to install than going Factory. Enjoy the lighting!

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Just a short note about the Auxilliary lighting.

FOG LIGHTS
: designed to be used with the low beams and have a lens pattern for low,short projection of light for better close up vision in bad weather.

DRIVING LIGHTS
: designed to be used with the high beams and have a lens pattern to project the light farther down the road to "boost" visibility farther ahead to aid lighting during higher speed driving.

I would rather have FOG lights for my 98 avenger than the factory DRIVING lights that it has. We have lots of fog here and some pretty curvy roads to negotiate.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The bumpers equipped with fog lights are the same as the base models. That being said you can purchase oem bezels and fog lights and they will fit without modification. I've heard different answers as far as the wiring goes. It most likely does not have the fog harness if they weren't equipped from the factory so you'll have to buy a wiring harness and a switch.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can do what I did which is buy the stock fog housings and the stock bezels, which will install without modification. Then buy harnesses that plug into the correct bulbs and splice them to the headlights power and ground so they go on and off with them, no need for an additional switch

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Some states like NY DO require for State Insp. for switched aux. lighting, Depends on what station does it and how picky they are. I know from NY and had an inspectors license.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I haven't had any issues since I have the stock fogs installed, I guess they just assume the stock fog assembly switch is there as well

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Like I stated. With my luck, I would be failed for doing that! LOL glad someone may be sneaking through, but be careful.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What was the kit called? And howd you install them?
I ended up ditching that light setup actually and found something much better. Go on carid.com and input your year and everything and there is a kit by a brand called spyder that is really easy to install and looks factory

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you guys ever want any good quality custom parts check carid.com I was able to get a great factory style foglights setup, blacked out headlight housings, and a factory paint matched spoiler for $500

1 - 20 of 26 Posts