Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the pleasure of changing a fog lamp yet?
I just noticed one of mine burnt out and there doesn't seem to be any easy access to it. There is a screw in the front of it but it looks like it would be for adjusting the aiming of it. I'm thinking a person would have to remove the skirt under the front end to get at it.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Has anyone had the pleasure of changing a fog lamp yet?
I just noticed one of mine burnt out and there doesn't seem to be any easy access to it. There is a screw in the front of it but it looks like it would be for adjusting the aiming of it. I'm thinking a person would have to remove the skirt under the front end to get at it.
I never have yet, but iirc from my magnum (which I also never had to) I think you had to remove the skirt under the front to do so as well. So if its anything like the maggie...not easy to get to. But I also did an oil change on the maggie and took the skirt off for that....I don't recall it being a pain, just time consuming..

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's what I was afraid of. I think I'll leave it until warmer weather. Laying on cold concrete at my age, just ain't good for me bones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How about just the 9005 and 9006 headlights? I just bought some SilverStar Ultras to put in my Avenger, and although the procedure is very standard, the space available behind the headlamp assembly will prevent me from getting my hand around the removable headlights. Is there a trick to this that does not require tiny hands?

·
Registered
22 Posts
strong fingers and sheer will to change the headlights. I put 8000k Nokia's from ebay in mine, awesome blue, and not the crappy type either, well worth it, though just be sure not to drop one while trying to fit behind there, even more pain in the..... Sorry, no pics that I can find right now. What size is the fog light, I have not looked yet. Thought of going hyper yellow with those to really set off the blue headlights. To mention I did get a 8000k ion blue HID kit for the low beams but can not figure out install. So frustrating!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
i got the new headlights from PIAA.. same thing NOTTTTT easy to get your hand in there.. Like you said sheer will to change them..

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm trying to recall what car it was, the magnum I think, so at least its a recent dodge product that I had to change a headlight or something on. Or maybe it was my wifes envoy. At any rate, I recall that basically you removed the entire headlight assembly to change the lights. It didn't affect the aim, because the aiming was done from a different part that stayed attached to the car.

Maybe that will help? I haven't looked to see on our cars how one might go about changing the headlights...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Most cars now you are expected to remove the headlights to change the bulbs, usually only 2 bolts and you are good to go. when placing in the new lights make sure not to get anything on them, specially grease from your hands, the light will superheat it and the bulb will explode.. lots of glass shards left inside your headlight assembly after that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts