Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I had a bulb burn out in one of my fog lights and I was looking to see how to get it out so i can get a new one. so when i looked underneath, it was all closed in and i was like what the crap!?!? so i was wondering if any of you have successfully or atleast know how to get up underneath the bumper to get that bulb out, thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the same problem. I was looking in the owners manual yesterday and they say to access it through the wheel well. I haven't attempted it yet but looking at it you have to remove a couple screws and about six push in plastic plugs. I figured I would buy some of those push in plugs before I change it because I'll bet they will break off when you remove them.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, i can imagine tearin into that thing and next thing you know, half those pins break and that part wont go back on, lol..that would be my luck though :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was just at the dealer looking to pick up those push in plugs and apparently they aren't the same style I thought they were. You should be able to pop the center section out and remove and reuse the plug. I also talked to service and they are going to replace my fog light under warranty, they said with the low mileage on my car they will cover it.

Might be something to check into, replacement under warranty is always a good thing.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
That would have been my first question. Will the dealer replace it? My wifes Jeep had this issue, and the dealer paid for it twice. Kept cracking for some reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts