If you conform to the following guidelines it will go a long way to ensuring a pleasant and positive experience for all.....PLEASE:
- Make your questions (and responses) as clear and intelligible as possible. If English is your native language then please use punctuation and well structured sentences to whatever extent possible. It is easier to read and understand your problem (and solution) if it's.... well, if it's easier to read. If English is not your native language, then just do the best you can. We'll figure it out. Keep the questions short and to the point, avoiding "stories" as much as possible.
- Avoid "chat lingo" & shorthand for the same reason as above. Some of us find it easier to read actual words and sentences than to try to figure out what SMS abbreviations stand for.
- Please give your post a relevant topic subject. Topics titled "Please Help" don't attract as much attention from our regulars as something more descriptive.
- Do not post new problems on someone else's thread. That's called hijacking. Aside from being rude, your question may get lost in the shuffle.Do not start "private" or non sequitur (look it up
- Use our internal forum search function. This can't be stressed more. Lots of questions have been asked and answered already and it's very likely you can save yourself some time (and pick up a few good ideas) by going through related threads.
- If you don't know the answer to a posted problem or have nothing intelligent or helpful to contribute, please don't post in that thread. Unlike other "similar" support sites, we pride ourselves on trying to "get it right" the first time. Our primary goal is to help, not to further confuse .
- Try to post questions in the appropriate forum. Moderators will move them if needed, but it's easier for all concerned if they are where they belong in the first place.
- Do not contact forum staff by Private Messenger or Email to ask a technical question. All such questions should be posted on the forum. We will not respond to questions posed "off line".
- Please use standard size font when posting. All caps or large or small fonts or all bold or italic is not only hard to read, it's generally considered poor forum etiquette. For example, all caps is considered the equivalent of YELLING.
- Of course foul language and rude behavior will not be tolerated. Neither will spam or advertising of any sort.
- Also off limits are discussions of warez, cracks, or any illegal downloading of software and other related topics.
- Please do not post links to competing web sites unless it is an integral part of your response to a technical question in a thread.
- No advertising of products, services or web sites please.
- Use common sense when posting. We are a public, global forum. We are frequented by people of all ages and nationalities. What you find humorous others may very well find crude or offensive. Keep in mind we are primarily a technical support forum.... people don't come here expecting to be be confronted with offensive material or language of any sort.
- By all means we want you to enjoy yourselves here!