Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Avenger R/T
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I’ve been on here for several repair questions but this one is the one in most worried about. My frame looks to be rusted out and when I turn the wheel of my car while I’m moving, I can hear a clanking noise. And when I go up into driveways I really hear the loud noise. I have a picture but I’m hoping I’m not the only one who has had this issue and if it’s fixable?? I’m taking it to a place where they re-weld and re-enforce frames but I’m worried that they may not be able to do anything....
6E8A3E01-BE3D-445C-BD55-B2349B49301F.jpeg

This is on the drivers side. I only noticed this today but I heard it about 2 weeks ago. We had temps down to -13 and I was driving it a lot and it may of broke due to the cold temps. I’m just hoping this is fixable and not just a total waste of the car

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Avenger R/T
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys. I’ve been on here for several repair questions but this one is the one in most worried about. My frame looks to be rusted out and when I turn the wheel of my car while I’m moving, I can hear a clanking noise. And when I go up into driveways I really hear the loud noise. I have a picture but I’m hoping I’m not the only one who has had this issue and if it’s fixable?? I’m taking it to a place where they re-weld and re-enforce frames but I’m worried that they may not be able to do anything....
View attachment 19394
This is on the drivers side. I only noticed this today but I heard it about 2 weeks ago. We had temps down to -13 and I was driving it a lot and it may of broke due to the cold temps. I’m just hoping this is fixable and not just a total waste of the car
Also, this is the cause of the sound. It’s not bad ball joints or anything cuz I just replaced those and the tie rods.

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Everything is fixable, just depends on how much it's going to cost. I'm sure it will be worth fixing but see what they say structurally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts