Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Dodge Avenger RT when I hit about 70 mph the front left side of my car starts to shake I have no idea what can cause this I don't believe it is the struts does anybody else have this problem are any experience with their car doing this there is no shake in the steering wheel the car itself just vibrates if I go faster it does not go away

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Sounds like a tire out of balance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it is not a tire out of balance I had them balanced and it stopped and then it came back

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Then something is worn, possibly a bad strut. Did you have them check the front end when the balanced your tires?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said everything looked tight I visually checked the strut myself and there was no oil leaking no grime no nothing on the shaft no signs of oil leaking no clinking could bushings on top and bottom caus this?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Did you try moving the tire to the other side or back and see if the shake follows?
If it's not the tire then it's a worn/bent component - bushing, strut, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Visually check the Transfer Case Intermediate Shaft and Bearing located under the car on the passenger side. Sometimes the rust will cause the ball bearings to fall out, and when this happens it causes front end vibration. I have to change mine since the bearing is bad (I thought it was suspension realted or tire balance too). The part# is 5273644AD. Pretty good price on rockauto.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes that is the way I'm leaning I think maybe is bad bearing. Or bushing. Since now it started making a noise. Not a grinding noise. Only when I brake. if I were to describe the noise I would say is similar to a wash machine at the end of the cycle after spinning when it is slowing down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Visually check the Transfer Case Intermediate Shaft and Bearing located under the car on the passenger side. Sometimes the rust will cause the ball bearings to fall out, and when this happens it causes front end vibration. I have to change mine since the bearing is bad (I thought it was suspension realted or tire balance too). The part# is 5273644AD. Pretty good price on rockauto.
Is that part number change all them or only bearing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts