Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all does anyone know the size of the low beam bulbs in the 08 Avenger (is it 9006)?

Secondly, has anyone taken the time to research HID kits with bulbs and ballasts? If there isn't a kit ready for our cars then I was thinking about putting together a kit.

Decent kits sell for $300-$800 depending on bulbs and ballast types. The only drawback is this car doesn't have projector beam headlights but you can find these from wrecked cars.

I'd like to see someone put together a HID kit with projectors into an 08 Avenger. That's the only thing I think that is missing from the styling of this car.

Does anyone know if the Sister car, the Sebring, has a HID option? If it does then maybe parting out the system from this car might be the easiest/cleanest option?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I wish they had HID's as an option. That was one thing I was disappointed about...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I looked on ebay, online and in stores and no one has HID's for our car yet because its too new. I say give the aftermarket ppl sometime and there will be alot for this vehicle.

·
Registered
22 Posts
9006 kit will work, plug and play kits are very common do not trust the cheap ones!! Sebring has no HID options just standard Quad LHD Optics Headlamps. As to custom making a projector headlamp, just time, I would suggest contacting the following people, they have helped with prior projects and ideas http://www.theretrofitsource.com/
MAJOR downside to just putting HIDs on our cars is that the lights direction would blind anyone oncoming and would definetly lead to tickets, prior experience. Even the non HID but near 8000k upgrade bulbs I have are stretching it, driving infront of my car even with the rear view mirror dimmed they are BRIGHT! Any questions please ask

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
My question is, if other cars come with HID lights as standard, and they don't get tickets, why would we get a ticket if putting aftermarket HID's on? Is it because they can't be aimed properly for some reason?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I just wanna see at night! I don't have great night vision by any means. My last two cars contour and then magnum, did not produce as much light as I wanted. And I spent time aiming them correctly as well. The contour was much worse than the magnum though.

Not sure which is worse now, the avenger or the magnum. I guess I'd say the maggie but they are pretty similar. Every once in awhile though, I look out and I'm like "are my lights on??" ...and I know they are because I have them set to auto all the time anyways....but still, I'd like HIDS just for clearer vision..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess the proper way would be to have projectetors with HIDs.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
You know, I have never really got into the HID stuff. I suppose I have always been content with the standard beams. Maybe one of these days when it is cheaper to upgrade, I will do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You know, I have never really got into the HID stuff. I suppose I have always been content with the standard beams. Maybe one of these days when it is cheaper to upgrade, I will do it.
The difference is remarkable. I don't care for how it looks to oncoming traffic, but the improved nighttime lighting is 2-3'x better if not more. This is my first car in about 9yrs that hasn't had HID's from the factory and I guess I'm just spoiled. :)

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
i had my lexus rx retrofittng with lexus ls projectors, i think i used bmw ballasts, philips d2s bulbs, and then a wire harness. they're the widest low beam headlights on the market...they're incredible

1 - 12 of 12 Posts