Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've noticed that the last few times I've filled up I've gotten considerably different gas mileage. I usually get gas from 2 stations (near home) and i've been getting 21-22 mpg. I have on occasion gotten 24+. I don't do enough variable driving to warrant a 2-3 mpg difference. When I got the 24+ i noticed that I filled up a stations I don't normally fill up at (stations in areas where my wife and I frequently shop at). This is the first vehicle I've owned where I've noticed such a difference. It may be because i'm running mid grade and all my previous vehicles run regular.

Has anyone else noticed a huge difference in mpg just from getting gas at different stations?

As a test, last week I got gas at a station I normally do, I'm going to record the mpg and then fill up at the other station and record the mpg. I'll post later updates.

People talk about the differences between summer and winter formulations. But these stations are 7-8 miles apart, it's not like i'm buying gas in different parts of the county.

- Dan M

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I've noticed that the last few times I've filled up I've gotten considerably different gas mileage. I usually get gas from 2 stations (near home) and i've been getting 21-22 mpg. I have on occasion gotten 24+. I don't do enough variable driving to warrant a 2-3 mpg difference. When I got the 24+ i noticed that I filled up a stations I don't normally fill up at (stations in areas where my wife and I frequently shop at). This is the first vehicle I've owned where I've noticed such a difference. It may be because i'm running mid grade and all my previous vehicles run regular.

Has anyone else noticed a huge difference in mpg just from getting gas at different stations?

As a test, last week I got gas at a station I normally do, I'm going to record the mpg and then fill up at the other station and record the mpg. I'll post later updates.

People talk about the differences between summer and winter formulations. But these stations are 7-8 miles apart, it's not like i'm buying gas in different parts of the county.

- Dan M
I notice your profile says you live in Atlanta. By any chance are you using QuikTrip gas?

I live in Tulsa (QT's home) and QT pretty much dictates the price here. About 75 percent of the gasoline is sold by QT, and now they are blending with 10 to 15 percent ethanol. Ethanol is not required to be reported by the vendor unless they mix up to a certain percentage, I believe.

My mileage in an SXT with the 2.7l FlexFuel engine using mainly QT gasoline has hovered right around 20. It seems to be hard to find gasoline with no ethanol blended in.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I've been using QT and Kroger and getting the lower mpg. When I run bp or racetrack I've been getting over 24. I'm just under a half tank now, when this is out, I'll fill up with racetrack and give that a try. When that is done, I'll try BP.

- Dan M

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
gas

try and steer away from QT, not a great choice

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been running it in my 02 dakota for years, never had any issues. I always got consistent mileage.

maybe it makes more of a difference in higher grades as i run 89 in my avenger and 87 in my dakota.

- Dan M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts