Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, a newbie here. Love my car but had a problem on Friday, can anyone give any info? Seems the gasoline leaked from my tank onto the floor of my garage and warranted the fire dept to clear my vehicle before a tow. Car is now back at the dealer and I am waiting for info from them. Has anyone else had this or any related problems?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all, a newbie here. Love my car but had a problem on Friday, can anyone give any info? Seems the gasoline leaked from my tank onto the floor of my garage and warranted the fire dept to clear my vehicle before a tow. Car is now back at the dealer and I am waiting for info from them. Has anyone else had this or any related problems?
YIKES!!! That is NOT a common issue....i hope it all works out for you....good luck and welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I moved your post over to the Mechanical Problems section and as Zodiak said this is not a known issue. When you find out why the gasoline drained out please do a follow-up post. This problem happening in a closed area could result in an explosion.

I see this is first post so let me welcome you to the forumZ. Why not go to the Newbie section and do an introductory post.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Wow, I haven't heard of this. I would bet theres a pinched line or a loose clamp of some sort somewhere...should be a easy fix by your dealer I would hope.

·
Registered
240 Posts
This was from the recall on Tank Assembly....

Defect Summary: ON CERTAIN VEHICLES WITH ALL WHEEL DRIVE, THE FUEL TANK STRAPS WERE IMPROPERLY MANUFACTURED AND COULD SEPARATE. THIS CAN CAUSE THE FUEL TANK TO LOOSEN AND LEAK FUEL.

Consequence Summary: FUEL LEAKAGE IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE CAN RESULT IN AN UNDERBODY FIRE.

Corrective Summary: DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE FUEL TANK RETENTION STRAPS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING OCTOBER 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT DAIMLERCHRYSLER AT 1-800-853-1403.

http://www.allworldauto.com/recalls/NHTSA_07V426000_2008_DODGE_AVENGER_recall_69232.html

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
The solution to your problem is simple, Stop trying to run over your husband. P.S. I hope you removed the body before the Fire dept. came:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts