Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like my gas tank always goes from full to empty too fast. I did read that the avenger has a 16.9 gallon tank. However I put in ~23$ of gas and it goes all the way to full. Is my gauge wrong? Should i fill with full 16 gallons?

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the forumz. A bit more info of what motor size tour ride has(4cyl or V6) and roughly where you are so that we can calculate roughly what $23 worth of gas equates to in GALLONS would be VERY HELPFUL.
From what I understand of your post, you are only able to put that much fuel in from a gauge reading empty and then it shows full? Also how many miles driven to only be able to put in that amount of fuel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forumz. A bit more info of what motor size tour ride has(4cyl or V6) and roughly where you are so that we can calculate roughly what $23 worth of gas equates to in GALLONS would be VERY HELPFUL.
From what I understand of your post, you are only able to put that much fuel in from a gauge reading empty and then it shows full? Also how many miles driven to only be able to put in that amount of fuel?
I have the 2014 SE 4 cylinder model. Gas is 2.10$ a gallon where I’m at right now so I can probably put in about 11 gallons and it goes to F. I get a range of about 220 miles right now.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
I have the 2014 SE 4 cylinder model. Gas is 2.10$ a gallon where I’m at right now so I can probably put in about 11 gallons and it goes to F. I get a range of about 220 miles right now.
And where is the gauge reading when you do "fill up"? You are talking about a roughly 5 gal difference in total capacity, could be a mis adjusted gauge or a problem in the float unit which is part of the fuel pump assembly. The low fuel warning light should come on when the float is reading about 3 gallons left, so if that is working correctly you're talking about a 2 gallon difference.
Something you could try checking...
Remove the rear seat bottom and the fuel pump access plate under it and check the modular wire connection to the fuel pump assembly for corroded/pinched wires. Once disconnected and checked, use some dielectric grease in the connector before hooking back up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Rusted,
when was the last time you did a tune up on your vehicle? I know the spark plugs and wires could make some difference as well as a air filter. Oil type too! It could also be where you get your gasoline from too, I was going to QT and getting gas and a tank barely lasted me a week, switched to the Wal-mart gas station, I still had a little bit over a quarter left in it. FYI, I switched two weeks ago.

·
Registered
334 Posts
There is some variance in the fuel gauge.
I filled up my 2014 with the 3.6l this week just a few minutes after the fuel light came on. It took 13.6 gallons.

My son's 2012 with the 2.4l will take 15 gallons when the fuel light comes on.

Both have the same size gas tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts