Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Air condenser was replaced last year for similar issue. Rather not have to spend another $1000. Could there be a leak?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Certainly could be, you'll have to get it checked.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fairly (and I mean fairly) easy to hear if there is a leak coming from a line. If you take your hand and run it on the outside of the lines and listen closely when the noise gets a bit louder, you can get an idea of where its coming from. I've had too many bombs, mortars, and not shoot with earpro in my day, but I can still hear the change. Its worth a shot since its a free diagnostic. The other option would be to buy the AC Recharge Kit with UV, that would give you the definite answer if you can't hear it cause its such a small leak. If it's blowing hot air completely and not the slightest bit of cold air though, its gotta be the compressor or a leak that you can hear. The AC Recharge Kit with UV would give you the definite answer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fairly (and I mean fairly) easy to hear if there is a leak coming from a line. If you take your hand and run it on the outside of the lines and listen closely when the noise gets a bit louder, you can get an idea of where its coming from. I've had too many bombs, mortars, and not shoot with earpro in my day, but I can still hear the change. Its worth a shot since its a free diagnostic. The other option would be to buy the AC Recharge Kit with UV, that would give you the definite answer if you can't hear it cause its such a small leak. If it's blowing hot air completely and not the slightest bit of cold air though, its gotta be the compressor or a leak that you can hear. The AC Recharge Kit with UV would give you the definite answer.
The low pressure piping should be at least a little cold, if not you have a mass leak and should be able to hear the hissing. Thats just an stab in the dark though since I'm not under your hood.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts