Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[SIZE=-1]Global Auto Shop has a CAI available for our Avenger R/Ts! I came across their website searching for parts for my Dakota. I have never used them and have no experience or knowledge about their products or service. I just thought I would post. It's the first CAI specifically for my R/T that I've found.

See email below:

-------------

Hello Dan,

Yes, we do have the air intake system for 08 Dodge Avenger R/T. It's just not on the website yet.

We plan to update the intake list around Jan 08.

Meanwhile, you can order it online through our secured order form and fax/mail/submit it online:

The part:
[/SIZE]B&B Cold Air Intake Systems - Dodge Avenger R/T 3.5L V6 - BBCI858DDR67
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Price is $159, shipping is $12.

http://www.globalautoshop.com/main/payment.htm

As soon as we receive your payment, I will mail your item asap and email your shipment reference. Please let me know if i can further assist you. Thank you

Drew
GAS

-----------
[/FONT]
- Dan M

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
for some reason I can't edit the post, it's not posting, keeps timing out

------------

here is a picture from their website showing a CAI

http://www.globalautoshop.com/images/performance/intake/b&b/B&B_Intake_1.jpg

here's the description from their website for the CAI for Dakotas...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif] Engineered one piece polished aluminum intake tubing and high performance air filter charger.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]*[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif] Designed to increase horsepower and acceleration response by as much as 10%.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
* Hose, clamps, brackets, and BONUS aluminum heat shield for dual heat shield protections.
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]Works with Original Equipment Manufacturer Computer Systems.
* CARB Exempt & Emission Legal in all 50 US States.[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, san-serif]
* Installation manual with easy bolt on steps.

Easy to install by yourself, great performance & value, and must have !!!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

------------

- Dan M

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
several companies make similar products. I've never seen one in use, never read a report from someone who actually owns one.

It's minimal boost. but may be enough to do some good. Try it and let me know how it works out :)

- Dan M

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thanks for the info on the intake. It sure looks nice, and I am sure it works pretty good. There aren't much to the intakes anyways, so the difference in this compared to a K&N, etc. would mainly be in the filter that comes with it. I just might get this.

Reactions: Quiet Lunatic

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Looks good, but not sure of the heat shield over the filter. With all that metal, that means more heat build up. As metal will heat up fast and the cold air is no longer cold as it pass's through the pipe. This is why I have held off installing mine. I have always liked the plastic pipe CIA. The metal piped K&N I had in my V8 06 Dak got very hot. But the plastic one I made did not. I'm going to give K&N untill mid summer to see if they will make a model 63? CAI with molded plastic pipe.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can always wrap the metal pipe.

- Dan M

·
Registered
590 Posts
I realize the pipe will probably get hot, but is the air in the pipe long enough as it passes thru to make a big difference? I'm sure it would warm it some, but it still has to be better than the stock box. Even if it only allows more airflow at a slightly lower temperature should give you some improvement, and it has to move more air than the fatory one as well. You tell me, cause I am no expert. I wonder how much better, in measureable hp gains etc, a K&N version would be if and when they make one. I am just wondering if it is worth the wait, 'cause I have ants in my pants when it comes to aftermarket stuff. Bottom line is this - will this intake improve performance any in your opinion? If it does by 10% as they claim, is it worth it?

·
Registered
590 Posts
for some reason I can't edit the post, it's not posting, keeps timing out

I have found if you use the advanced edit option it works better. It was doing the same to me until I did it the other way.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I realize the pipe will probably get hot, but is the air in the pipe long enough as it passes thru to make a big difference? I'm sure it would warm it some, but it still has to be better than the stock box. Even if it only allows more airflow at a slightly lower temperature should give you some improvement, and it has to move more air than the fatory one as well. You tell me, cause I am no expert. I wonder how much better, in measureable hp gains etc, a K&N version would be if and when they make one. I am just wondering if it is worth the wait, 'cause I have ants in my pants when it comes to aftermarket stuff. Bottom line is this - will this intake improve performance any in your opinion? If it does by 10% as they claim, is it worth it?
I would not use the heat shield over the filter, that was my main statement. Why heat the air as it enters the system and have it heated all the way through the system. It looks great as a show car CAI. But I would remove the heat shield from the filter in my opinion. But, as I stated, I do not like the shield on the filter. Will it improve the performance ? yes it will, if the heat shield is removed from the filter so it can suck in as much cold air as it can. Also, make sure you can get the filter as far away from the motor and the headers as you can. Your big performance increase will come when you open up the air flow.

What you might ask ? If you have a CAI and no free flowing exhaust system (that includes free flowing cats), than all your doing is pumping in cold air and not pushing out large volumes of hot air. Turbo's use the hot exhaust air to make its power. But look at the size of the pipes the air runs though,...its very large as it needs a large unrestricted amount of air. On the other side, you want to make a little more HP and TQ with your stock motor. Just open up the air flow as best you can. Run cold air in and make your exhaust as free flowing as you can. If you realy want to open up your exhaust air flow, then look into name brand headers. In the long run if you want to stay NA but get the most you can, than change the whole exhaust system (headers and free flow cats) and find the best way to get the cold air into the motor.

I'm not telling anyone not to buy it. Just stateing my opinion thats all.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I appreciate your thoughts. I doubt I will do any headers or cats any time in the next couple years, but I am getting a CAI, be it this one or another. And I plan on upgrading at least the muffler in the exhaust system. I am going for sound and looks, and also a little bit of performance. I am not looking to build something for racing or anything anyways, just something a little different and better than the stock Avenger.

On a side note-

I got some cold hard cash as a Christmas present, and was told it was so I could get something for my car since they knew I was looking at doing a few things to it. I've got about $500 bucks in my pocket to spend right now. My original thought was to order the Eibach lowering kit and have it installed at a shop up the street. Total should be around $430 ($230 for the kit, free shipping, $200 labor quote). In my opinion it just needs to sit a little lower. I love the look of Shadows lowered car. My other thought was to get this intake, get a muffler, and a dash kit. The intake is about $160, the dash kit is around 200, which would leave some for a muffler. What would you do? Eventually it will all be done, I guess I should ask, what would you do first?

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I appreciate your thoughts. I doubt I will do any headers or cats any time in the next couple years, but I am getting a CAI, be it this one or another. And I plan on upgrading at least the muffler in the exhaust system. I am going for sound and looks, and also a little bit of performance. I am not looking to build something for racing or anything anyways, just something a little different and better than the stock Avenger.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I see we must have started off on the wrong foot at some point in time. I did not think you wanted to make your Avenger into a race car at all. In my post all I did was state my opinion in trying to answer your question. No matter what mods you've listed that you do first,... it will make your Avenger better than stock.

·
Registered
590 Posts
No, I never thought that is what you meant. I understood your thoughts, and they are appreciated. The racing comment was just me explaining the level I am looking for, nothing to do with what you were saying. We didn't get off on the wrong foot, I understand and agree with your thoughts on it. It is just hard to convey thoughts on a message board sometimes.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Not that I have seen.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Seeing how Borla is stateing they are going to be making an exhaust for the R/T.... it will not be long and the headers will hit the market. As with any new car, it will take time before the after market pick's up. I do think headers will be on the market soon for the R/T version.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
i looked at the bb intake for the r/t and the thing is only a short ram intake and it looks to be only like 8 inches long. To me it looks like a junky intake. To cheap lookin in my opinion

1 - 20 of 30 Posts