Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well Hello Everyone!

I just recently traded in my 2005 Dodge SRT-4 for a Silver 2008 Dodge Avenger SE. The car seems to be nice so far. I'm just used to 300 WHP from my last car.

What I want to do:

Tint the windows to around 20% around the 3 back windows, and maybe a bit lighter towards the front.

Lower the car 1 inch or so for the look.

Rims in the future, when I can afford some!

Anyways, it should be interesting learning about this new vehicle. :thk:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Welcome to the forumz. Sounds like you are going to be busy with your new Avenger. We look forward to seeing pictures as you go. Any questions just ask. Please check out te polling section and vote. And enjoy looking around on the forum.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome to the forumz! What made you give up the srt?

As for the tinting, I went 20% in the back 3 windows, and 35% in the front 2. Looks good imo, and doesn't draw too much attention from the police. Dating back to 1999, I've had this configuration on my cars and (knock on wood) have not gotten stopped for it.

Actually I think I had darker on my GLH, which was a few years before 99 and I never got a ticker for tint then either. A host of other tickets, speeding, f&e, seatbelt, careless, noise, headlights, but never for tint...lol.

Of course now I'm old and a parent, so driving like a jackass and cranking the stereo has lost its appeal lol.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
^LOL, yeah that is a change from an SRT to an Avenger. The car looks great though. I see you took it to the track at least once. What kind of numbers did you put down?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The best I did at the track was a 13.79. The car is supposed to do that stock, and I had a few things done. I wasn't so good at launching the car at the track. I had a 60ft. time of 2.1 at the best. I should have been able to put down a 1.8 easy. But considering that I was on street tires, and not slicks or drags, I wasn't expecting much better.

My car was set up for 12.5 at the track, but lack of driving skill and a track tire held me back.

On the street though, where I did most of my racing, I was pretty quick. I've raced anything from 4 cylinder tuners to V8 muscle cars. Man, I am going to miss that stuff during the summer time!

Maybe I'll find the video of me racing a 450hp+ C6 Corvette and post it!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Not too shabby of numbers. I have never made it to the track in any of my cars. My father kept telling me his 84 944 was faster then my 96 Probe GT and I kept telling him to take it to the track and find out, but he didn't want to race his car... lol. It needs an overhaul now, the 944 that is.

How did you do against the Corvette there? I can't really tell who was the victor on that one. Your car sounds good though! My brother in law had one of these, and he dumped some money into it. I would bet he had more than 400hp coming out of it. When you let of the gas at a higher RPM, the car would spit fire out the tail pipes. This wasn't one of those igniter things people stick in the tail pipe. I would think he was running straight pipes on it. Not even sure he had Cats on it. Since he worked at Dodge, he could pass the cars inspection himself ;).

Thanks for the vid though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not too shabby of numbers. I have never made it to the track in any of my cars. My father kept telling me his 84 944 was faster then my 96 Probe GT and I kept telling him to take it to the track and find out, but he didn't want to race his car... lol. It needs an overhaul now, the 944 that is.

How did you do against the Corvette there? I can't really tell who was the victor on that one. Your car sounds good though! My brother in law had one of these, and he dumped some money into it. I would bet he had more than 400hp coming out of it. When you let of the gas at a higher RPM, the car would spit fire out the tail pipes. This wasn't one of those igniter things people stick in the tail pipe. I would think he was running straight pipes on it. Not even sure he had Cats on it. Since he worked at Dodge, he could pass the cars inspection himself ;).

Thanks for the vid though!
I was ahead of the corvette by maybe 1/2 of a car. He was actually surprised that I could even keep up! lol, Man I loved that car!

Next project for street/track for me is maybe some sort of old Chevy, or even an 03 Mustang Cobra!

That is in the future though, when I am settled with marriage, children, a house, and a much better career!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Um, you better get that stuff done now, cause once you get married, more than likely your wife won't be too happy about you modding cars... Just from my own experience! I am 25 and married, and my wife is not too keen on letting me 'waste' my money on my car. Good luck with that though ;).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL! Thanks for the advice! But my girlfriend loves racing other people as much as I do!

We would usually cruise every Friday and Saturday during the summer. I was always out looking for a good race! Well, every once in a while I felt lazy and just wanted to cruise around and hang out, and she would get on my ass about racing people! She would point out cars that she thought would be a challenge for me, and tell me "oh oh oh go race him!" LMAO! She has even helped me install some of the things on the car when I had it!!! And has even bought me a thing or two!

That is something I love about her! lol

Oh, and she has fallen asleep in my car going 125mph on the ride home before...

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Wow, sounds like you are set then. Do you have a show I can stick in my mouth?? Nice find though, glad you found someone that has a passion for cars as you do!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts