Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Wish I knew. Im sure its tied up in our computer somewhere. I think dodge is scared of what would happen if the true potential of this car was unleashed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wish I knew. Im sure its tied up in our computer somewhere. I think dodge is scared of what would happen if the true potential of this car was unleashed.
Shiiiiiiii I already know. I will be making a SRT-X badge for my car. Yes I know there is one but that why we have Avengers to aveng ourselves. And start shutting up people that keep putting me down in my ride. I mean really we just leaving 4th gear at full speed and BAM 120 that's it. I got to more gears here that I need to know the shift speeds at (hint hint ECU makers).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you done any mods to your car yet? Intake, exhaust, throttle body. .......wait thats it really......lol
No need if I cant break the barrier. I do the intake for better fuel. The exhaust will be a distant furture for better sound. Other than that I will just work on the outside looks for show off.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Governors are generally based on factory tire ratings. My HEMI pickup only ran up to 105 mph before Superchips. Doesn't really have anything to do with the vehicle just the crappy tires put on at the factory. No way to beat it on newer Mopars to date. Just take some satisfaction in getting there as fast as you do. Personally I have no need to run faster than the 117 stock governor but to each their own. Lol

·
Registered
930 Posts
Ive been that fast and it was smooth all the way, still feeling like there was more and then.......nothing. There should be a way to change it at the dealers if you upgrade tires but I dont know if the do thst or if they can do that or are they willing to do that.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Governors are generally based on factory tire ratings. My HEMI pickup only ran up to 105 mph before Superchips. Doesn't really have anything to do with the vehicle just the crappy tires put on at the factory. No way to beat it on newer Mopars to date. Just take some satisfaction in getting there as fast as you do. Personally I have no need to run faster than the 117 stock governor but to each their own. Lol
There is always a need to go faster. Lol.

·
Registered
759 Posts
No way to change the programming with any factory scan tool. It would have to be done way higher up than the dealer level and they'd never do that citing liability issues.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
on the first gens theres a speed control line going into the pcm you can put a switch in line to defeat it but the CEL will come on
ensure if theres a similar line going into the pcm you could try

·
Registered
643 Posts
I mean really we just leaving 4th gear at full speed and BAM 120 that's it. I got two more gears here that I need to know the shift speeds at (hint hint ECU makers).
Could be worse. A friend had an SRT Crossfire....when it 160mph the car upshifted, the nose settled and it went into cruise mode.:4-looney:

Yes...it was still pulling hard at 160mph.:wow:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive been that fast and it was smooth all the way, still feeling like there was more and then.......nothing. There should be a way to change it at the dealers if you upgrade tires but I dont know if the do thst or if they can do that or are they willing to do that.
My Governor was off when I bought my 2.4L I4 pre-owned and it screamed straight through 120mph. I could only imagine what the 3.6L v6 is like...

·
Registered
583 Posts
I had 2 different tuners swear that they were able to remove the top speed limiter and both of them failed.
All they did was take my money and disappear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts