Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone. The wife has a 2008 base model. The headlights will go off or sometimes flash. It can be one or both. After the standard voltage checks I saw the TIPM provided power to each headlight. So I replaced the TIPM, thinking that did it. NOPE! A couple of weeks after replacing the module, the old behavior is back. One point, I installed LED bulbs. Dont know if that matters. Anyone have actual experience here ?

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
LED's are a problem with our cars. You need anti-flicker modules or go back to stock bulbs.
Apparently these work:

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
No problem, glad to help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just to add for future headlight problems people reading this, the ground lugs are also suspect now that we are getting up in age, and I too, replaced the TIPM on my 2007 Sebring with headlight problems to no avail. Turns out the ground point for a bunch of things - including the headlights - was corroded. It is located on the passenger strut tower under the hood in early Sebring/Avengers, then Chrysler did a genius move and relocated the grounding point to the inner passenger fender (you'll have to remove the fender liner to access). The 2007 Sebring required just a wire brush (under the hood grounding point) but the 2009 Avenger had the grounding lug in the passenger fender wheelwell, and was badly corroded, enough that I had to cut back wires and put in a new lug. I was having an issue on the 2007 where the headlights didnt work at all (just the high beams worked), and the 2009 Avenger, the passenger headlight and fog light was out. Fixed all my headlight issues!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts