Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! Not sure if the right place, but i've been trying to find some different headlights to my '96 avenger, but i am only able to find only the original ones. And i heard that '97+ year avenger headlights doesn't fit into '95 or '96. So then i decided to come here and ask from you guys some advices where i could find or some site where i could find some custom parts for avengers?

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, But there are not many parts avail. for our coupes PERIOD. They were not that popular and aftermarket kind of ignored us. Glad to hear however that another coupe is still out there and "kicking" much less from Finland! Stop in at the newbie check in page and introduce yourself to the world wide family, this will show our mainly sedan owners here that we are not all gone.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Welcome!
Even i drive a sedan (in Finland also) i try to help you the best i can.
Just asking does your Avenger have to have a height adjustment motors on your headlights like we usually do here in Finland? Did it had headlight leveling motors earlier or has the car been imported by someone who has lived in USA (for example) and then imported the car? If the car has had leveling motors earlier and you wanna get it through inspection i'm afraid that American headlights wont work.

·
Registered
142 Posts
spec d tuning has an led/halogen pair available, I just recently installed on my 98 although I'm still on the fence of weather or not they are a good buy. Having bulb issues, haven't ruled out that its a problem with the car or the lights, but I'm not entirely pleased with the way they project light and they don't adjust easily, but again I'm fairly new to them and maybe there is a trick to it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Hey there! Great to hear from you again! Those lights are definitely "killer" in looks,but are you having aiming prob.s or flickering like the later sedans? I read some ancient posts of lighting for the coupes and seems they had just as many concerns as the sedans!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yea been super busy, I have no idea what might be the issue. It seems the halogen lights filliment breaks when i turn the vehicle off. i have noticed that upon powering down the motor theres a flux of surplus electrical power to all the dash components. Might be related, but idk there is ballast type boxes in the lines so those might be malfunctioning or something. Ill look into it more today.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There is also one more option, and eventually my end goal on my 98's headlights. But there are companies out there that can retro fit new style projector components into your existing headlights and do some really custom work on them. Down here in tx there is a company that does it you may google see what you can find of that nature. Downside to this is they can get much more expensive but the uniqueness of them cant be beat.

Example: Gold Standard Lighting out of San Antonio Tx.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Definitly sounds like you have a power surge or ground problem in the factory wiring. Hope you can nail it down as those new lights are awesome! I had seen them on a parts site a couple years ago, but could not afford them,even though I hated the way the OE lights would rapidly discolor and need constant polishing!

·
Registered
142 Posts
yea there bad with the discoloring i clear coated one of my sets on my 96 and they seemed to stay pretty clear

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
I was going to remove the lights on mine for a real work over on them during the long winter months,but time and our other cars got in the way. And I have a picky neighbor who would try and turn me in for an unplated, disassembled "junk car" on the property. We are allowed 1 unplated vehicle per property, but he would try and "push" it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
yea gota love craby neighbors im glad i dont have that resriction i think there are 4 at my place lol

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hey! Not sure if the right place, but i've been trying to find some different headlights to my '96 avenger, but i am only able to find only the original ones. And i heard that '97+ year avenger headlights doesn't fit into '95 or '96. So then i decided to come here and ask from you guys some advices where i could find or some site where i could find some custom parts for avengers?
technically the 97 Will fit and bolt in the lenses will just stick out further in the bottom inboard corners If you want you can put a 97+ bumper to fix that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts