Headlights

Discussion in 'UK' started by Ant13, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Nolando

Nolando New Member

Ye I do currently have height adjustable beam. From what I can find the RT was never offered here either. There is one car up for sale currently that claims to be a UK Spec RHD RT with the black headlights but I get the impression somebody has modified an SXT. I think to retain all the functionality of the lights I might get myself another set of standard units and modify them. Saying that it seems like it would be cheaper just to import some US RT lights and just chuck them in. I can just keep the standard lights in case I have any problems.

2. 4cefed

4cefed Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Thats what I have done, the lights with electric adjust ability are around 600AUD per light, the black housing R/T ones are 200AUD for a pair delivered.

Ben :)

3. Gaz

Gaz New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Ahh the wifes gonna kill me, just spent £160 ordering RT head lights lol

4cefed likes this.
  4. 4cefed

4cefed Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Or don't tell them install them while they are out and see how long it takes before they notice.....2years and counting and they still have not worked out "whats different" about the front of my car

Tyrone23 likes this.
  5. Tyrone23

Tyrone23 Active Member

Media:
    LOL this is something I guess I gotta work on since Im an engaged fella now.

6. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Well congratulations(or condolences), You'll soon be in good ranks with a lot of the rest of us!:);)

Tyrone23 likes this.
  7. Tyrone23

Tyrone23 Active Member

Media:
    Hahaha thanks rebel!!

8. Gaz

Gaz New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I did buy her a Chevy Aveo...errr Sonic to the USA lol, from the sales of my bike

9. Nolando

Nolando New Member

I've come so close. Keep us posted when they arrive and get a couple of pics up. Might give me the confidence to order some myself if I know you can get them installed and working.

10. Gaz

Gaz New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    RT headlights have arrived, from looking at them I might have been driving with LH lights all along as they look like for like in angels (inner silver lines of the lights) and the bulb plugs and fittings look the same, looks like I might have to take front end off to fit them, this with the wheels re coated should finish the exterior look.
    Parts for stage 1 I.C.E. are here (Vibe Amp, Android system, GPS/Sat Nav, Wifi, Bluetooth phone system, Blue tooth OBD2 monitor/reader, Reversing Sensor, parking camera, 500 gig hard drive), Stage 2 I.C.E. will be for the rear as installing a rear 13 - 15 inch over head monitor, DVD player, may be a game console, Independent JVC CD and Amp with headphones/independent speakers. Guess Im going to be busy this summer just hope we get the weather.

Intrepid likes this.
  11. Nolando

Nolando New Member

So do your current headlights use 9006 and 9005 bulbs? If so then you do seem to have US spec headlights already. If you have H11 bulbs then they are not and you will need the adapter. Removing the front bumper seems straight forward enough from what I've read. Only had the grille out on mine so far though.

12. 4cefed

4cefed Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Its super easy to remove on the pre-facelift , few bolts under the bumper to hold the splash guard on, and about 4 bolts to remove the whole front, (just make sure you undo the fog lamps before you pull the bar to far away), Post facelift i think have click in on the guard (heaps of youtube videos)

I can have mine completely removed now in about 5 minutes

Easiest way to work out if you have USDM spec headlights or Export ones are the color of the reflector in the headlight, if its Orange its USDM if its white its Export

EXPORT : [​IMG]

USDM : [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Gaz

Gaz New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    All seems good there 9006 Im wondering if Dodge used a flat middle direction on the beam rather than left or right, ive head it used in europe camper vans

14. Nolando

Nolando New Member

You beat me to it with the reflector colour, was just walking around at work when that popped into my head.

15. Nolando

Nolando New Member

My guess would be that a previous owner has bought replacements (presuming you haven't had it from new) although I would expect there to be a H11 to 9006 adapter present which would be a giveaway. Do your current lights have the orange or clear reflectors on the side?

16. Gaz

Gaz New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    At the moment it has white reflectors but the 900 bulbs

17. Nolando

Nolando New Member

How strange, hope mine is the same. Even though the manual says 9006 bulbs ive only ever read of UK owners finding theirs to have H11's. Anyways, I look forward to seeing what they look like installed.

18. Gaz

Gaz New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    The RT lights fitted plug for plug in my UK sxt thats as far as the pros of fitting go, down sides are there isnt a location to install the cockpit switch to alter tbe beam height and u need to fit LH to RH anti dazzel decals to lights, think for me it will be standard sxt RH for mot and winter use, rt lights for summer and showing