Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Avenger R/T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So for the time I’ve had my car, I’ve noticed that the right side vents only blow cold air, and the left 2 (driver side) blows heat. I do notice though that the far left blows the hottest, and it’s slightly colder the more I go to the left. I’m not sure if there is an actuators causing this or maybe a bad heater core? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
Cam

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Sounds like it might be the heater core. It's a common problem with our cars. There are many threads on the forum that you can search and research. If the actuator was bad you would probably either hear a clicking noise or the air isn't being directed to the selected vent.

Reactions: Kaire

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yup, it's the heater core.

Same problem in my 2008 (never fixed) and my son's 2012.
BG warranty paid to have the heater core replaced in the 2012.

Very common problem, this is why I just had my 2014 flushed with the BG product a few weeks ago. BQ will pay to replace the heater core if it fails after using their product. I wasn't having a problem with the 2014 yet, but this buys me a few years of protection.

Try to get it flushed out, you may make it a bit better.
It is a pretty big/expensive job to replace the heater core as they need to pull most of the dash out.

·
Registered
2008 Dodge Avenger R/T
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup, it's the heater core.

Same problem in my 2008 (never fixed) and my son's 2012.
BG warranty paid to have the heater core replaced in the 2012.

Very common problem, this is why I just had my 2014 flushed with the BG product a few weeks ago. BQ will pay to replace the heater core if it fails after using their product. I wasn't having a problem with the 2014 yet, but this buys me a few years of protection.

Try to get it flushed out, you may make it a bit better.
It is a pretty big/expensive job to replace the heater core as they need to pull most of the dash out.
Okay will do! Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello. So for the time I’ve had my car, I’ve noticed that the right side vents only blow cold air, and the left 2 (driver side) blows heat. I do notice though that the far left blows the hottest, and it’s slightly colder the more I go to the left. I’m not sure if there is an actuators causing this or maybe a bad heater core? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!
Cam
Same problem 2012 Average rt I changed heater core around 85k it's been Perfect since!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts