Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I get a series of clacking sounds when I first start my 3.6 2013 Avenger RT and turn on the heater. It sounds like a somebody cycling.
Anyone know what it might be? It's coming from under the dashboard near the center.It usually cycles between 2 and 5 times.
Any long term effects of simply igniting it?
Thanks
Elton

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Probably one of the blend door actuators. Not an expensive part and fix if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Checked the price on the blend door actuator and it's only about$25. I've got an extended warranty with a $50 deductible so I'm going to go that route first to see if it's covered. If it is I'm sure my back will thank me for it.😁

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Thanks. Checked the price on the blend door actuator and it's only about$25. I've got an extended warranty with a $50 deductible so I'm going to go that route first to see if it's covered. If it is I'm sure my back will thank me for it.😁
Sounds good, yes your back will definitely be relieved if you don't have to climb under there:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the blend door actuator is not listed as covered.I can't find any r+r instructions in my Chilton.Do you know of any You Tube vids?
Also I'm guessing there's no dire effects to simply ignoring it( as opposed to "igniting"it as I misposted in my first message)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Well if the noise gets too irritating enough you might want to 'ignite' it:) I probably have some instructions but there are 3 of them, let me know which one is noisy. There are also videos(probably links on the forum if you search). No there are no dire effects if you ignore it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts