Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my Hellcat style hood from Amerihood last week. I spent some time this weekend to fit it up and wrap it using Avery's matte black vinyl. First I masked everything off and painted the ram-air intake and heat exchange vents a gloss black. Fit up could not have gone any easier. First try, by myself, minimal amount of sanding to get it perfect. Put some gloss black hood latch pins on there too for added safety and "bad-assery". Ok then comes the wrap. First time doing such a large area. I tried to get started early and out of the direct sunlight. I swear it was 100 degrees in PA this weekend, so the vinyl was hot, soft and stretchy. So many imperfections, it's embarrassing lol, but I'll live with it for a while. I also had enough vinyl to do some racing stripes on the driver's side fender. Overall it was a really fun weekend and the car looks pretty sweet. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looking good.

Reactions: BierGut

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SXT 3.6L
33 Posts
That's pretty sharp! I really like that. Can't see any goof ups unless they are noticeable closer up. Looks great anyway. 2 thumbs up. That's a really good look on your white car. Ever think about wrapping the spoiler, or maybe even the whole deck lid?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty sharp! I really like that. Can't see any goof ups unless they are noticeable closer up. Looks great anyway. 2 thumbs up. That's a really good look on your white car. Ever think about wrapping the spoiler, or maybe even the whole deck lid?
Thanks! Imperfections are noticeable close up. That is why I chose that photo. Before purchasing the vinyl I did some photoshop work to see how I liked the look of the hellcat hood. I knew that I wanted it to be black and the fender stripes. I also looked at what the spoiler, gas cap door, and roof would look like in black. All together and separately. I decided to just go with the hood and stripes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I see white cars blacked out everywhere now that I've done it to mine. Chrome is out of style with the kids these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts