Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Okay! So what are your mechanical needs? parts supplier or "how to" about the ball joints?

·
Registered
16 Posts
It more about to get the ball joint out but I know do it. i don't know if they are pressed or bolt in ball joint I did the work before on my mothers avenger but that's bein years ago so I can't remember what they were if that make sense

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It is a whole arm assembly rockauto.com has them at a pretty decent price. I had to do my lowers when I first bought it, other than contending with NY rust they are easy to change. Mine is an early 98 model there were changes in the last 98-99 production run so be careful of what suspension parts you get. Suggest you look up the parts there, it will help "jog" your memory, as they usually include pics of all their parts.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Welcome to the group my dude

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thank you. Should have seen the mess I had of rebuilding the to end of the motor.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Either or, both are very easy on these cars

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Easy job. Hardest part on my lowers was the bolts into the subframe due ton NY RUST, was afraid they were going to either strip out or snap. But with careful work all went well! My uppers are still orig. and doing fine. Friday I'm changing the front struts(blown out). Got a KYB strut kit that includes the upper mount bushings and jounce stopper for $116.00+ shipping from rockauto. Also replacing my rotors and upgrading from semi met. pads to ceramics(lot less brake dust)!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Okay just I've have my roommate dad helping we are using air tools too so should be easy to do lol
The day before you go to do it, spray all the nuts and bolts holding the lower control arm in with PB Blaster

21 - 40 of 66 Posts