Dodge Avenger Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I still have both my '98's. I loaned the white one to my daughter while I rebuilt the engine in her Maverick and the radiator cracked while she was on the interstate and the engine over heated and blew the head gasket. Trying to decide if I want to rebuild the 420A or do the 3.0 swap. Which means engine, transaxle and computers. Now that I see that in writing, I think the 4 banger gets rebuilt. lol
Turbo the 420A lol

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Hey Rebel, How ya been? I thought the Bill's were gonna make it this year.
Not much going on in the Avenger world with our Coupe. She is in open hibernation on a cement slab while I try and figure out what to do with her. Needs a good bit of brake line and parking brake work along with minor rear plate light sockets. I'm afraid 23 years of Western NY weather has taken a toll to her undersides as the outer rockers are showing rust thru , though not too bad.
Between the wife's G6gt and the '11 Journey for my son along with my "does all" T&C...insurance is high enough to think of putting GEM back on the road. I'm also in process of getting a fully loaded '10 Buick Lucerne cxl for more of a daily driver for me than the T&C which is also showing long in the tooth lower body rust....but runs like a champ at 210k+ miles...BEST one grand car purchase I ever made!!!!!
Yeah the Chiefs were a HEARTBREAKER, but watch out for next season!!!! :)

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I looked at the thread u had about the bumper repair and saw that you were asking about the wrap for the top and thought I would let you know that I ordered the kit from dipyourcar to do my avenger when I get the damage fixed. I am going to do it in flat black and as soon as they get the burnt copper wheel kits back in stock get that for my wheels. But I will have to try that jb weld stuff.
Glad you found that thread,,,,
Unfortunately I did not do anything with the paint condition...too many other cars to repair and maintain. AND I HATE doing "body work" over mechanicals! LOL ;)

·
Premium Member
6,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
@bad venge,,,
That is one bad venge that I'll always love to see here! Nice of you to drop back in lately, seems the coupes are making a resurgence to the pages here. Just wish parts to keep them going were not so hard to come by.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts