Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 Dodge Avenger SXT 2.4L. I’ve been fallowing this forum for a while and decided to join. Just recently put in a k&n drop in filter and was wondering if anyone else has noticed a difference in power, mpg, response?

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Sebring 2.4L
96 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Just a replacement filter isn't going to make too much of a change... regardless of the filter's manufacturer. The biggest change will come from it being a clean filter replacing a dirty filter.

Even the K&N cold air intake, alone, will not make a difference you can feel. It will make a whistle you can hear, and you can convince yourself that is the sound of SO MUCH extra air being sucked in that it HAS TO BE faster. Lol. But it's really not.

Cutting open the left side of your stock intake snorkle will give you that same whistle, to a degree. It's not as pronounced as a cold air intake noise, but you can hear it if you are listening for it specifically. As far as added performance? Doubtful, but it's free. Lol.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have done the K&N "cold" air intakes on all my avengers.

It gave the 3.5L a bit of a whistle when you got onto it.
I currently have both a 3.6L and a 2.4L

My son and I did the 2.4L just a few weeks ago. It sure gave the 2.4L a growl when you get on it.
It does sound more aggressive, but powerwise it is tough to tell if you are getting any more.

Reactions: Zach4444

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Just a replacement filter isn't going to make too much of a change... regardless of the filter's manufacturer. The biggest change will come from it being a clean filter replacing a dirty filter.

Even the K&N cold air intake, alone, will not make a difference you can feel. It will make a whistle you can hear, and you can convince yourself that is the sound of SO MUCH extra air being sucked in that it HAS TO BE faster. Lol. But it's really not.

Cutting open the left side of your stock intake snorkle will give you that same whistle, to a degree. It's not as pronounced as a cold air intake noise, but you can hear it if you are listening for it specifically. As far as added performance? Doubtful, but it's free. Lol.
Thank you ive herd of people saying they dyno tested it and got an extra 8hp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts