Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I just purchased a 2008 Avenger SXT with the 2.7L November 16th.
I have only had the car for a day and am enjoying the feel of it on the road.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome! How do you like the 2.7? Never driven one with a 2.7 yet, right now I have a rental 4 cyl sebring, and well i'll be happier when I get my avenger back hehe..but it seems good for mileage!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey RT!!! I have the oppertunity to drive all the Avengers do to my line of work and the 2.7L is alot of fun. The 3.5L is even more fun. You will also find that the R/T with the 3.5L is quieter do to better insulation. Of course the amenities are better in the R/T.
As for the 2.4L it is a good 4 banger, but I prefer the sixes.
Oh and the gas mileage difference between the 2.4 and the 2.7 is very small.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Hey RT!!! I have the oppertunity to drive all the Avengers do to my line of work and the 2.7L is alot of fun. The 3.5L is even more fun. You will also find that the R/T with the 3.5L is quieter do to better insulation. Of course the amenities are better in the R/T.
As for the 2.4L it is a good 4 banger, but I prefer the sixes.
Oh and the gas mileage difference between the 2.4 and the 2.7 is very small.
Really small between the 2.4 and 2.7? What about the vs the 3.5? I went overboard when I bought my car and always had that buyers remorse feeling of I should have got the 2.4 4cyl for the mileage. I'm sure I would have hated it if I did...but then again if its not a big difference between 2.4 and 3.5...I'd feel better hehe. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts