Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, New here but spent a lot of time on ASOG. Some of you may never have heard of that but I'm betting a few of you have.
Wife and I have a 2000 Avenger V6 that we have had since new, (21 years as of 3 weeks ago) with just under 230000 miles.
Back in Nov the car dies on the way to work, not having time to dig into it, had it towed to local shop. Turns out the distributor failed. (Thank god for the lifetime warranty) Had the shop pull it out, I get it exchanged and they put it back in. Since then, I have been trying to track down an intermittent multi cylinder misfire. (and no, I'm not going back to the shop as they F%$#% BIG time on our R/T) Today I was in the process of swapping out the distributor with my test unit to see if I got a bad replacement when I remove the main plug and see that the inner plastic that insulates the pins is all busted up. I'm suspecting it has been arcing across the pins and the reason why the distributor cooked it self again. (on #4 including the OE)

So I come to the all knowing hive in need of help tying to find a replacement plug for the 6 pin connector on the distributor. I know the 2.5 came in the Avenger, Sebring, Cirrus and Stratus but is there any thing else I can look to to find the plug?

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
The Mitsubishi's had the 2.5(like the Eclipse). You might be able to find something in a local salvage yard. There are companies that sell various replacement connectors but you would have to do some searching.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Yes the 2.5 was pretty limited unfortunately those are the ones I kmow you can check the 3.0's in the Stratus RT to see if they share the 6 pin
Funny thing I'm wearing an old ASOG shirt will I type this might recognize mine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts