Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From beginning to present...I Have a 2012 Dodge Avenger 4 Cylinder I tried to lock the doors with the FOB yesterday and normally it beeps once but it didn't this time. I tried to do it again and it still didn't beep. Later on, I drove to the store and when I turned the car off and opened the door, the horn started blaring. I pressed the panic button thinking I must of hit it and it stopped blaring and started beeping like the alarm was going off. I pressed the panic button again and it stopped. Later that night I was driving to work and the horn sounded while driving and I didn't even touch it. When I parked at work it started blaring again and I did the same thing as earlier and it stopped. I am scared to drive it now. Any help is greatly appreciated, It's the only transportation I have!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
Has the battery in the fob been changed recently?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From beginning to present...I Have a 2012 Dodge Avenger 4 Cylinder I tried to lock the doors with the FOB yesterday and normally it beeps once but it didn't this time. I tried to do it again and it still didn't beep. Later on, I drove to the store and when I turned the car off and opened the door, the horn started blaring. I pressed the panic button thinking I must of hit it and it stopped blaring and started beeping like the alarm was going off. I pressed the panic button again and it stopped. Later that night I was driving to work and the horn sounded while driving and I didn't even touch it. When I parked at work it started blaring again and I did the same thing as earlier and it stopped. I am scared to drive it now. Any help is greatly appreciated, It's the only transportation I have!
Also...My battery is about 2 yrs old and I have not had any problem with the car cutting out or off. (Knock on Wood!!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts