Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody

My name is Maysam and I am from Oman (middle east) and i want to buy a dodge Avenger ? So would u recommend it for me and why ? because I am also thinking of Honda Civic :confused:

so help me decide, I am waiting for ur replies

thx

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Well first off welcome to the Avenger forums. So you want an avenger or a civic. I really think you need to decide what features you want in your car. Both companies have lots to offer.

I think you should sit down and compare both cars of similar features side by side. You can ask for help on a forum, but I will always tell you that you should buy an Avenger, but it may not have the features that you are looking for. Are you going to be driving on mainly paved roads? If not, you should pick the Avenger and get the AWD option that is on the R/T. Good luck in your decision. I am sorry that I can't help all that much. I don't really know a whole lot about Civics.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Sphinx
I'll be driving on paved roads for sure and I did compare both cars and found out that Avenger is what i need cos it has all features that i want in my new first car, but the problem people around me don't want me to buy the Avenger cos it's a new car here in Oman and it still doesn't have a reputation unlike Honda Civic !!

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Well, it isn't the most popular car right now, but what are you trying to do? Fit in, or be different? If it has all the features you are looking for, then get it. Don't worry about what others may say about it. It is your decision, and don't let other people opinion sway your decision.

You don't even have to listen to me about this. Buying a car is a big decision, and you should make that decision on your own! That is just how I feel!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want to be Different and yah thats what i want to do not listen to others and make my own decision cos its gona be may car at the end
thx a lot for ur concern

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
No problem Maysam. Hey, take some time and introduce yourself in the Newbie Checkin thread! Also, when you get your car, post up some pics!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I would go with the Avenger. Especially if everyone there has a civic!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I like the amount of features that the Avenger comes with. And I definately like the look of the Avenger.
I do agree with Sphinx that it should be your decision.
Definately check in and take a look around. There is a lot of information here for you to look at. ANd you can see what everyone is doing with thier Avengers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my opinion they aren't in the same class.

The Avenger is deceivingly large inside and also with the trunk.
The rear seat room in the Avenger has got to be much better than a civic. The civic has the better gas mileage but if you want power then the Avenger has the 3.5L V6 plus AWD!

Honestly I've never liked Japanese interior styling, I prefer European interiors (I've owned 3 Audi's and a MB CLK430).

If you're looking for room with decent style and great features then the Avenger wins hands down. It's just a better intial value, but the civic probably has a better resale value.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thx guys

Thats the problem that i have Audi A4 so its kind of dificult to change your car into a japense car..

But today i went to Dodge showroom and took the Avenger for a test drive and it was amazing i loved it so i am defently going for the Avenger :)

and before i leave the show room I saw and also liked the Chrysler Sebring,it has the same interior of the Avenger but its a six cylinder

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Thx guys

Thats the problem that i have Audi A4 so its kind of dificult to change your car into a japense car..

But today i went to Dodge showroom and took the Avenger for a test drive and it was amazing i loved it so i am defently going for the Avenger :)

and before i leave the show room I saw and also liked the Chrysler Sebring,it has the same interior of the Avenger but its a six cylinder
The Avenger is available with 2 different V6s also. I think the Avenger looks a lot better then the Sebring but each to their own.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The sebring is a good car too but get the avenger r/t and watch how all aftermarket parts start to just show up on the web.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Good choice Maysam. Go with the vehicle that you really want. It is a big purchase and you don't want to look at it 6 months from now and think, I wish I had gotten the other one. Makes it harder to make that payment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bought the avenger when most ppl around me told me not too, now its the same ppl that drool over my car when i wash it. its not always just the car you buy but as long as you are excited about it and happy with it it makes the car look that more enticing to others. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts