Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I’m new here, but I have 2013 Dodge Avenger sxt. An it over heated one day and I had to change the thermostat housing assembly. After changing that it still was over heating , so I cut the car off. Now it cranks but will not start. I changed both camshaft and crankshaft sensors. Still will not start could you guys PLEASE HELP ME.!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,938 Posts
Sorry for your predicament. Was there a reason WHY you replaced those sensors, perhaps from checking for codes(why the CEL turns on in the dash).
LOTS of things can prevent a crank but no start. Like blown head gasket timing chain failure or bad sensors that you need to check for code(s) to properly diagnose just what is wrong.

·
Registered
2013 Avenger SXT 3.6L
33 Posts
Sorry for your predicament. Was there a reason WHY you replaced those sensors, perhaps from checking for codes(why the CEL turns on in the dash).
LOTS of things can prevent a crank but no start. Like blown head gasket timing chain failure or bad sensors that you need to check for code(s) to properly diagnose just what is wrong.
You're dead on with your reply. It's sure not like it was back in the 60s and 70s. A fellow could diagnose a problem on those engines by ear a lot of times. You just can't repair one of these new cars like that. The first thing I do when any light comes on, or I notice something in the car not right, is take it straight to my mechanic for a full diagnosis. He calls me as soon as he has discovered the problem, gives me an estimate, then waits for me to give him the go ahead. Only once was there a more serious problem. Every other time it's been something like a new gas cap or a single sensor replacement.

So, I'm with 5rebel9. Get to a dealer or mechanic to have the codes read. It costs a little to hook up for a diagnostic, but in the long run it actually saves money. I'd hate to think how much $$$ I would have wasted on the engine that time the gas cap needed replaced. LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts