HELP: Rear Toe in / out Adjustment

Discussion in 'Custom Chassis - Suspension - Wheels and Tires' started by 4cefed, Jan 2, 2018.

1. 4cefed

4cefed Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Just seeing what solution everyone had for rear Toe In / Out Adjustment?

Since lowering the Venge it has developed a horrible toe in problem (very noticeable), spoke with the guys at work (and we threw her up on the hoist) and they said the Avengers don't have any adjust-ability (Very common for Chryler /Jeep / Dodge) in the rear for Toe :(

Found online the below are the bolts already in the car or are these something that we can buy from the dealer / Ebay?

upload_2018-1-2_16-40-2.png

Alternatively does anyone know another model that has adjustable Rear Toe arms that would work with our Avengers? Tried to see if the Adjustable Camber arms would work but these are miles to long (need something about half the size.

Ben :)

2. 5rebel9

5rebel9 Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Not just the MOPAR brands that lack factory adjustability, MANY MANY other makes have the same situation. There are a number of specialty alignment kits produced to replace factory pieces to give that adjustment capability, as in certain eccentric head bolts or even shims between the spindle and mounting knuckle. Try checking out Rockauto or a few performance sites. Note that most may require some hole elongation for eccentric head bolts to work. and most require some disassembly...definitely not "plug and play" of the normally thought of use of the term!

3. Intrepid

Intrepid Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
  4. 4cefed

4cefed Member

Media:
    Albums:
    This is for camber, but need the same but about 1/3 of the length and they would work!

I might speak with a friend who does metal fab and see if he can do a custom / modified arm using the Camber arm kits.

Ben :)

Intrepid likes this.
  5. Scottoracer

Scottoracer New Member

All JS bodied cars have an eccentric cam bolt as shown in the picture from Ben. This adjustable bolt will adjust rear toe-in. The other bars you are looking at are for replacing the stock, non-adjustable lateral arms to allow rear camber to be adjusted.

5rebel9 likes this.
  6. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice info and welcome to the Forumz! Yes even I should have caught that from the pic posted here! On the same thought with my previous response, having spent many years doing alignment work(just not on any of the Sedan Avengers).
    Drop by the Newbie Check in page and Introduce yourself to the whole Forumz Family!

7. InspectahACE

InspectahACE New Member

Not to dig up a month's old thread but I just had an alignment done. I've got the H&R springs on that lowered an inch and a half at most.

Is there an actual specification for the rear adjustments? Every where I go tell me there's no info on the rear and they eyeball it. Could I use maybe an older model avenger that has info and use that?

8. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    Where are you going that an alignment shop would say that? I used to do countless alignments when I was an active auto tech. There are specs for alignment of all 4 corners, being lowered uses some compensation from OE ride height, but it is not much of a change to the OE specs. Unfortunately alignment machine makers make it difficult to find the specs by the average person, even with the help of good old internet(which was not around when I was still active).

9. InspectahACE

InspectahACE New Member

It was a Firestone full auto service place. They did do a print-out and showed it to me, so I can't say they're full of guff...yet. They did it, and it drives better, but one never knows.

I only went because they offered a lifetime alignment service....but they declined to offer one for me because of the lowering.

10. 5rebel9

Media:
    Albums:
    Well that is understandable..YOU had changed from OE ride specifications with having shorter springs than FACTORY equipment.

11. BJoe

BJoe Member

I have a lifetime alignment with one of the local Firestone stores on my 200 and my Dad's Town and Country and when I talked about lowering the 200 at some point, they offered to upgrade me from free lifetime on stock height that is on both vehicles to specialty car lifetime for an additional $20. We've also talked about the adjustable uppers for the back for mine so they can adjust the rear camber since it is a bit out of spec and should be around 1* instead of the 1.5* it is now.

I should also state that one of the alignment guys is somebody I knew from my old job and I've got a really good working relationship with the guys who usually work the desks, one of which apparently is also a customer at that same store I worked at, but has been since I changed jobs.