Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, tonight I was doing a late night cruise when all h**l broke loose. The battery light came on, then ABS, then airbags, and then I lost power to the rest of the car and the ETC light came on (the bane of my existence.) I managed to limp home doing around 10 mph the whole way, mostly coasting down hills. When I parked it I checked the codes and I got Engine code: P0700 "Transmission Control" and Automatic Transmission code: P0562 "System Voltage Low". I just got a brand new alternator last month! My hope is that it needs a new battery, the battery is a two year old Walmart one that has been corroded pretty bad due to being exposed to the elements for a short period. My FEAR is that it's the transmission with the two codes. Help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Also tried to start the car again when I shut it off just to see what would happen and the lights on the dash would come on but it didn't seem to turn at all. It's also a 2010 SXT with 136k miles

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
The battery would be the first thing to check. Then all ground connections and pull the TIPM to check the bottom connections for any corrosion. That code is for the Power Control Module low voltage.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The battery would be the first thing to check. Then all ground connections and pull the TIPM to check the bottom connections for any corrosion. That code is for the Power Control Module low voltage.
Ok thanks I'll check all that right away. Is there any chance it could be a fuse?

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Ok thanks I'll check all that right away. Is there any chance it could be a fuse?
Doesn't sound like a fuse would do that, more like a short somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts