2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have links for the following;

Evo X intake manifold/headers

Ported Throttlebody

Tuning chip

The Magnaflow exhaust at 34 secs

looking to do these mods very soon.
Current performance mods include KN CAI, Lightweight Pulley.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Dont worry about the intake manifold, set of headers will require o2 sensor extenders and you will have to add an o2 bung on the header. You will also have to have the rest of the exhaust done as well.
There is no "chip" for the car. Diablo Sport makes a tuner for it.
For the ported throttle body you will have to find a shop that does porting and send it in to them.
Links for header:

Reactions: Avengertwofour

·
Registered
855 Posts
Should totally give me tip for finding all of he parts for the car. Get a set of cams while you are at it.

Reactions: Avengertwofour

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should totally give me tip for finding all of he parts for the car. Get a set of cams while you are at it.
Looking to add as much power as possible, the avenger is my daily and I’ve had it since original purchase in 2013. Looking to do pretty much all upgrades at once. I would say I’m roughly at 180hp now with my KN CAI and lightweight pulley. I’m thinking the exhaust will open up another 5-10hp and headers another 5hp or so. Would the cam upgrade and tuner be worth it? As for costs I’m assuming exhaust will be $500-$1000 with muffler and installation, headers $500 plus install, tuner is ?, and cam is also ?. What kind of gains are you getting at the moment?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Looking to add as much power as possible, the avenger is my daily and I’ve had it since original purchase in 2013. Looking to do pretty much all upgrades at once. I would say I’m roughly at 180hp now with my KN CAI and lightweight pulley. I’m thinking the exhaust will open up another 5-10hp and headers another 5hp or so. Would the cam upgrade and tuner be worth it? As for costs I’m assuming exhaust will be $500-$1000 with muffler and installation, headers $500 plus install, tuner is ?, and cam is also ?. What kind of gains are you getting at the moment?
Cams are about 700 dollars and then the cost of the install? Not sure about the cost for the cam install. From what I have heard and what people have said the tuner is well worth the investment. The issue would be finding a good tune for your car with upgrades. I think they are running close to 700 as well. But it will allow you to adjust fuel trim, shift points, and so much more. I havent bought one yet because I am going to be going to dive school. Once that is over and if I still have money left over I will see about doing the cam and a tuner.
When the car shifts from 3rd to 4th the RPM drop is huge and thats where the cam would come into play and help bring those RPMs back up quickly.
Here is the thread with all the information and cost and parts for the header install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts