Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 dodge avenger SE 2.4l, it drives just fine when consistently holding down on the gas. At around 35-40mph when it kicks into 3rd gear, if I let my foot off the gas and the rpms drop below 2000rpms, when I press on the gas the rpms will go up but right when it gets to about 2000 rpms it feels like the car downshifts & bogs causing the rpms to hesitate/stutter until I give it more gas than it will upshift causing the rpms to spike around 2500 rpms & the car will jerk. I also feel slot of vibration when the hesitation/stutter occurs. Sometimes the car will sometimes surge after letting my foot off the gas. I changed out my spark plugs & the map sensor & throttle body but the problem is still there. I had a leak in the rear main seal which I got fixed & at the same time they recommended & changed the transmission fluid. Anybody else have the same issue? Also my Cel is off and there is no codes. It also has a rough idle, the rpms have a slight bounce when idling is that normal? Also, the rpms go to about 3000 rpms before shifting gears, unless I granny foot it than the gears will shift at about 2200-2400 rpms. I have about 93,xxx miles on the car. Any help will be much appreciated! I want to get a diagnostic but I'm worried that they won't tell me much since I don't have any codes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a 2012 dodge avenger SE 2.4l, it drives just fine when consistently holding down on the gas. At around 35-40mph when it kicks into 3rd gear, if I let my foot off the gas and the rpms drop below 2000rpms, when I press on the gas the rpms will go up but right when it gets to about 2000 rpms it feels like the car downshifts & bogs causing the rpms to hesitate/stutter until I give it more gas than it will upshift causing the rpms to spike around 2500 rpms & the car will jerk. I also feel slot of vibration when the hesitation/stutter occurs. Sometimes the car will sometimes surge after letting my foot off the gas. I changed out my spark plugs & the map sensor & throttle body but the problem is still there. I had a leak in the rear main seal which I got fixed & at the same time they recommended & changed the transmission fluid. Anybody else have the same issue? Also my Cel is off and there is no codes. It also has a rough idle, the rpms have a slight bounce when idling is that normal? Also, the rpms go to about 3000 rpms before shifting gears, unless I granny foot it than the gears will shift at about 2200-2400 rpms. I have about 93,xxx miles on the car. Any help will be much appreciated! I want to get a diagnostic but I'm worried that they won't tell me much since I don't have any codes.
You said you changed out throttle body was it a new one or a used one kind of sounds like the low speed teeth on the gears inside throttle body are shot only allowing 1500 RPM then the teeth are stripped until you get to say 3,000 RPM this is just for reference not exact RPMs so you understand what I'm saying.. with those teeth being gone it would only affect you at that speed around the same RPM every time

1 - 2 of 2 Posts