Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

i think it'll be way cool to see how everyone modifies these rides. lotsa potential for a very very kicka$$ ride, lots of cool bodylines to work with, inside and out.

heh, and the power.....kinda boggling to see what will be available performance wise in the next couple years.

nothing done here yet but limousine black tint & loading CD's like crazy - but looking vigorously.

i'm thinking step one should be to get faster rated tires to get that 'speed control' option removed though, its kicked out a couple times already. according to the dealer, the tires are the reason its there, and it can be dealer removed and still maintain warranty, as long as the tires are capable.

ciao all

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, thanx for the tip. kinda leaning more towards the 20's now that i see it can be done. i know the ride will suffer but performance definitely won't. i don't buy anything for comfort anyway. if you haven't yet, check that avenger stormtrooper out, looks wild, 4.0L engine too. dare to dream about a straight bolt-in ? heh heh

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am also waiting for Ma Mopar and the aftermarket to embrace this car with goodies, to date mine is riding around pretty stock (chrome exhaust tip, since the SXT didn't come with one when I bought the car, and Dodge valve stem caps and license plate frame). Does anyone know if tinting the windows will void the manufacture's warranty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked my dealer about that & apparently its okay, so I got the back three done limousine black - looks cool. It's illegal to get the driver/passenger windows & windshield done here, and I figure its enough of a heatscore already so gotta live with that.

Does anyone know if tinting the windows will void the manufacture's warranty.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I asked my dealer about that & apparently its okay, so I got the back three done limousine black - looks cool. It's illegal to get the driver/passenger windows & windshield done here, and I figure its enough of a heatscore already so gotta live with that.
It's illegal here as well, but I've gotten away with it plenty. Though the way I do it is a little different. I didn't go all the way limo in the back, and for the front a few percentage points higher (less tint). This way it still looks cool, looks almost like it came that way, and the police don't mess with you as much.

I never got a ticket or even a question about tint. Really its about safety for them. So if they can see in, they will be a lot better about it. If I ever thought maybe the cops were on the prowl for tint, I would just keep my windows rolled down in the front when I spotted one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts