Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about retrofitting projectors into my 08 Avenger. Sorry for the lengthy write up but I want to do this right if I go through. I'm currently doing research and browsing through retrofit source because I've heard nothing but good things about them, and am customizing my potential order. I've read plenty about the dreaded flicker and problems with the CAN-BUS system. I want to make sure in getting the correct harness and there's a few options I'm confused about for these bi-xenons. There's HD relays, Canbus relay, canbus bi-xenon relays, and a couple mopar relays on the bottom. If I were to purchase said projectors, would the mopar relays be the way to go? Any help is appreciated, thanks a bunch. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm thinking about retrofitting projectors into my 08 Avenger. Sorry for the lengthy write up but I want to do this right if I go through. I'm currently doing research and browsing through retrofit source because I've heard nothing but good things about them, and am customizing my potential order. I've read plenty about the dreaded flicker and problems with the CAN-BUS system. I want to make sure in getting the correct harness and there's a few options I'm confused about for these bi-xenons. There's HD relays, Canbus relay, canbus bi-xenon relays, and a couple mopar relays on the bottom. If I were to purchase said projectors, would the mopar relays be the way to go? Any help is appreciated, thanks a bunch. :)
I didn't buy my kit from the retrofit source, as I'm going for a cheaper projector build i pieced together off of amazon for less than 100 dollars (including halos and hid kit) -- but i would think you are looking for the canbus relays for your kit as I am running LED lights currently which require 50w relays to prevent flicker. Hope that answers your question, sorry someone didn't get back to you sooner.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Check out the anti can-bus module through diode dynamics. It will work with any HIDs/LEDs you decide to go with. My headlights haven't had one bit of flicker since ive had it. Definitely recommend it.

Reactions: DodgeThis

·
Registered
269 Posts
Check out the anti can-bus module through diode dynamics. It will work with any HIDs/LEDs you decide to go with. My headlights haven't had one bit of flicker since ive had it. Definitely recommend it.
You running LEDs right? What HIDs did you use before?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You running LEDs right? What HIDs did you use before?
Yes I have LEDs and I never used HIDs. I think LEDs are better and cheaper most of the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts