Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I have a 2010 Dodge avenger 2.4 l SXT the problem is it was high idling while in drive around 900 to 1000 RPM . I changed the throttle body unit, now after I changed it for about 10 minutes of driving it was fantastic it was not shaking it was responsive it was quicker but then afterwards it started high idling again so I have no clue what this is but I did take it to a mechanic shop before and they said it was Throwing colds for the auto position sensor and throttle body. I replaced the unit I've checked for a couple leaks, I just don't know what it is. I've tried to reset the throttle body with a couple of videos and do the key dance but just nothing's working and I've checked my coolant my transmission it's all fine but the thing that makes it a little bit more weird and me believing it's a throttle body as I can put it into park and there is no shaking within the car it's still high idling but there's no shaking I put in a neutral there's no shaking no noises but when it's in drive or any other gear it's shaking and it's really sluggish.

Pls help

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Did you do a throttle re-calibration after replacing the throttle body?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys so I have a 2010 Dodge avenger 2.4 l SXT the problem is it was high idling while in drive around 900 to 1000 RPM . I changed the throttle body unit, now after I changed it for about 10 minutes of driving it was fantastic it was not shaking it was responsive it was quicker but then afterwards it started high idling again so I have no clue what this is but I did take it to a mechanic shop before and they said it was Throwing colds for the auto position sensor and throttle body. I replaced the unit I've checked for a couple leaks, I just don't know what it is. I've tried to reset the throttle body with a couple of videos and do the key dance but just nothing's working and I've checked my coolant my transmission it's all fine but the thing that makes it a little bit more weird and me believing it's a throttle body as I can put it into park and there is no shaking within the car it's still high idling but there's no shaking I put in a neutral there's no shaking no noises but when it's in drive or any other gear it's shaking and it's really sluggish.

Pls help
Yes. Unless I did it wrong. Can you link the instructions??

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
It's on the forum if you do a search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so I did that and nothing changed. Today the throttle light came on but it was sluggish but didn't go into limp mode. I'm confused. I'm starting to think the throttle body they gave me was 👎 bad

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Could be, it's happened before.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
what are the chances you have a vacuum leak?

Actually, reading your post again, since in park and neutral you have no shaking and issues but in drive you do, sounds like a transmission issue. Either the torque converter or the clutch maybe

Check your transmission mounts as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what are the chances you have a vacuum leak?

Actually, reading your post again, since in park and neutral you have no shaking and issues but in drive you do, sounds like a transmission issue. Either the torque converter or the clutch maybe

Check your transmission mounts as well
I was thinking the same thing but after I replaced the throttle body a couple weeks ago. There was no shaking for like 20mins it was really smooth in drive. So I ruled out trans for now.

The car only shakes in hot weather btw, above 90 degrees it will idle at 900 and at 80 degrees like 800 usually at 70 to 75 degrees it's normal at 600.

Through I did have trouble starting the car today as well. I'm also thinking it could be a fuel pump issues as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay yall started the car and it's forsho the throttle body rpms were everywhere and it threw a code. Gonna install and let's hope it works

1 - 9 of 9 Posts