Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a high mileage avenger above 179k and still running smooth ? Any major repairs I should be worried for?thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.4l maintenance is good never had a problem really, changed throttle body at 110k ,spark plugs at 159k and oil pan at 174k , all brakes&rotors twice ,3 sets of tires including winters.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Probably a good idea to change the trans fluid and filter. Also the timing chain should be changed by now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trans fluid and filter were changed too, I don't think I've experienced any problems with the timing belt but I'll look into it .thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have 215092. Car was handed down to me and was not taken care of so I blew a motor at 160k ish and that's about it for major repairs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have a 08 avenger 2.7 l at 189000 miles. i bought the at 172000 miles. the venger used to be a rental and i bought it off someone who bought it at auction. engine had a bad head so i got the head shaved and regasket the whole engine. transmission is still alright. only changed the fluid and gasket that butts up to the 2.7. new radiator. new condenser. new rotors and brakes. new battery and alternator. other words if you keep up on the maintenance you should be alright

1 - 11 of 11 Posts