Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Horn blows while driving, sometimes little beeps like it’s trying to honk by can’t and other time it’s a long drawn out horn. Also how’s when the keys are out and car turned off. Car also makes a clicking sound by the glove compartment and has completely shut the engine down while I was driving on the highway. I have already replaced the battery as I was told this was the issue. Still acting up. No warning lights, says system ok. But today my engine light came on and the car will not start automaticity anymore.
Please help!!!?‍♀

·
Premium Member
6,635 Posts
My, sounds like some real annoying troubles with your 2013 Avenger. Welcome to the Forumz. What size motor(it makes a difference) is under the hood?
Easy answer to ONE of your concerns is that when the engine light is activated(there are codes stored in the computer) is that the remote start function WILL be DISABLED until the engine light problem is fixed. The second easy answer about the "clicking" noise is that there is a ventilation system(there are three) actuator motor has gone bad. MANY threads about them and how to fix can be found on the site here. rather than repost all the info here.
The horn problem and engine light problem would be the items to go after first, but a bit more vehicle background history is needed to help you.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
This might help:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response, my main concern is the engine shutting off while I am driving. I had my 2 year old in the car the other day and it shut down. Luckily there was very little traffic at the time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My, sounds like some real annoying troubles with your 2013 Avenger. Welcome to the Forumz. What size motor(it makes a difference) is under the hood?
Easy answer to ONE of your concerns is that when the engine light is activated(there are codes stored in the computer) is that the remote start function WILL be DISABLED until the engine light problem is fixed. The second easy answer about the "clicking" noise is that there is a ventilation system(there are three) actuator motor has gone bad. MANY threads about them and how to fix can be found on the site here. rather than repost all the info here.
The horn problem and engine light problem would be the items to go after first, but a bit more vehicle background history is needed to help you.
Thanks for your response. It’s a 6 cylinder

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
With the different issues you're experiencing it's pointing more to the TIPM. Check all ground connections under the hood and check all connectors coming into the bottom of the TIPM for tight contact and any sign of corrosion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the different issues you're experiencing it's pointing more to the TIPM. Check all ground connections under the hood and check all connectors coming into the bottom of the TIPM for tight contact and any sign of corrosion.
Now it’s saying gascap fml ?‍♀?‍♀

·
Premium Member
6,635 Posts
To help you, we need to know what the codes are that are turning on the CEL and other listed problems. Are you doing work yourself or searching for answers on the "net" and having someone do it for you? Sounds to me like it is time for the car to be taken to a reputable shop for a good and complete diagnosis as you have not been able to express here anything about the cars maint history or even when during driving these things happen.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now it’s saying gascap fml ?‍♀?‍♀
You were correct, just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to reply, and update you. It sat in my driveway for quite some time bc I figured it would not be cheap repair. Dealership wanted 2500 to do the work, cost 450 for the diagnostic. Getting my usual mechanic to rebuild. Thank you again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts