Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just think if Dodge took the new revamped 4.7L V-8 (the Charger guys would not want us to get Hemi's) and could stuff it in the Avenger but make it rear wheel drive. Ofcourse keep the weight of the car under 3900lbs. Keep the tire size to 18", and give it a carbon fiber hood, make it a two door cupe with nice true dual tuned pipe's so the Charger boys could here us going buy them. Now this setup would be one heck of an SRT Avenger.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With a turbo or a SC setup the GT and Cobra guy's would not think their all that any more. Good thinking Shadow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
With a turbo or a SC setup the GT and Cobra guy's would not think their all that any more. Good thinking Shadow.
I eat GT's for breakfast....Cobra on the other hand can be easily modified to kickass.....

I would love to see a SRT6 Avenger that just ROCKS IT!!!!! As far as a two door...i am sure they will make a two door charger in the next body style....so maybe

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I eat GT's for breakfast....Cobra on the other hand can be easily modified to kickass.....

I would love to see a SRT6 Avenger that just ROCKS IT!!!!! As far as a two door...i am sure they will make a two door charger in the next body style....so maybe
You think so, I do not. I believe the Challenger will be the only two door offered due to pony car status. The rest will stay as four door and keep getting better. If any info comes out before the Gatlinburg M&G and I am wrong I buy you a beer, if I am right you can buy me one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You think so, I do not. I believe the Challenger will be the only two door offered due to pony car status. The rest will stay as four door and keep getting better. If any info comes out before the Gatlinburg M&G and I am wrong I buy you a beer, if I am right you can buy me one.
first this donkey dont drink..never has..never will so the beer thing:smiledown:....
I have a friend that is ops manager at MOPAR....back in the day the Charger used to be the big boy to the Challenger....seems things shifted.....from what he said they will have a 2 door and four door version of the Charger.....in my eyes...it doesnt make sense either....see now that the brass over at Chysler has changed and they are all about consolidation and not competing.....i dont see it happening either.....:smiledown:

I can only hope....because the Charger should be the muscle car competing againt the GT500 and Camaro SS of the world. Time will tell!!!!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I like the idea of a 2 door, but its hard enough to sell cars nowadays without the 4 door and 2 door models competing against each other. I'm all for a srt version though, something that may wrap everything up into one nice little package. :) I would hate to just see a 2 door rt and want that, since I just got my car! hehehe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts