Dodge Avenger Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Update: 164000 Miles. No major problems. Did transmission service at 90K, TimingBelt and water pump at 111K, and a wheel bearing and tie rod at 148K
Update: Little weird as I traded this this 08 about 1 year ago, but the dealer sent me a oil change reminder on this VIN the other day. Who ever bought it is still local to me and servicing it at the same dealer. The oil change reminder said that it now has 205000 Miles.

25K-30K miles in just over 1 year. That was a great car, I think it may have been the only 3.5L that didn't use a drop of oil. :) Way to go!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2009 SXT with just over 226,500. Still my daily driver.
At 157,000 miles myself. Would love to squeeze 300k out of it. What major maintenance/repair have you done if you don't mind me asking?
So far I've had a small coolant leak (inlet to water plenum, water plenum to block), going to be replacing a wheel bearing up front soon, and control arm bushings were worn out by 120k.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Mines getting up there in miles and is at 33,333 and counting

Reactions: DJ Medina

·
Registered
1,139 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Heater core after heater core after heater core.

Radiator after radiator after radiator.

Heat stopped working on passenger side after about 30k miles. They fix it, it was out again 4K miles later. This literally was fixed at least 10 times.

Dealer replaced the motor because they said “casting sand” was in the block and was clogging heater core and radiator.

I bought a Max Life lifetime warranty with the car, so the dealer will fix almost anything and worst case is a $100 deductible.

·
Avengers Unite!
99 Posts
2011 Avenger Heat with 136,000 Km (84,500 miles for you distance challenged American type people). Still goes fast and smooth and makes me happy but did need struts done recently and will need the ball joints next more than likely. The joys of front wheel drive.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts