Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dont know who the stupid person is who thought they needed a power plug in the internal arm rest. on the back of it so the rear seats had access would have been nice.

how do i make the power outlet in the dash always on? is it easy?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
dont know who the stupid person is who thought they needed a power plug in the internal arm rest. on the back of it so the rear seats had access would have been nice.

how do i make the power outlet in the dash always on? is it easy?

Just as a first thought, I would think that the power connector on the back of both outlets is likely the same. If you can get the console apart, with a little extra wire, you should be able to switch these connectors. Of course the one in the console would then be ignition driven instead of constant on, but it appears that you don't care about that one much anyways.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree, either that or just tap into the constant wire that runs to the one in the console. I'm sure the wire runs back towards the front through the middle console.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you look in the fuze section in the manuel you will see two positions for the fuze that controls the acc power. If you move the fuze to the position that is not currently being used you will have constant power to the acc outlets.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oh and I use the outlet inside the armrest for my cell phone charger. That is why you have a notch in the side of the armreststorage compartment. That was designed for this purpose.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
If you look in the fuze section in the manuel you will see two positions for the fuze that controls the acc power. If you move the fuze to the position that is not currently being used you will have constant power to the acc outlets.

Ahh good call! I remember the same thing on my magnum too, I just didn't know it was cross-platform as well..

·
Registered
68 Posts
the fuse in the TIPM under the hood only works for the outlet in the console not the cig lighter outlet, that would take a rewire in the dash to fix

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I'm happy to have an outlet that is hidden. If I could only get one above the rearview mirror to plug in the radar detctor...

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm happy to have an outlet that is hidden. If I could only get one above the rearview mirror to plug in the radar detctor...
Hardwire it! Might be a little much to have a big cig lighter jack/plug up there...I would just buy an extra cord for your radar and then use it to make a hardware cord up there.

I've always wanted one of those remote jobs though...where the radar is out wired up in the bumper or wherever and a little remote screen for alerts, somewhere inside the car that can be easily concealed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts