Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 2013 avenger 2.4l and i upgraded my intake manifold to a ported aluminum evo x intake manifold and was wondering if anyone here has experience with hptuners.

thank you for your time

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
I've heard that people have had positive results with HP Tuners. There are a bunch of threads on the forum referring to them if you do a search.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm currently using HPTuners on my Avenger since Syked Ecu doesn't exist anymore. Granted I have the Pentastar but there is a lot of changes you can do to the engine. The transmission, I can still use my Syked Ecu programmer to make the changes in the transmission but I have my settings good to where I've been trouble free transmission wise for over 5 years since I tuned it.
Using HPT I have my engine setup like the Challenger as a base so I have a starting point of 305hp Vs the 283hp the Avenger has, from there I've been tweaking and tuning little by little using the butt dyno and according to the HPT software I'm hitting 330hp/285tq at the motor. I'd recommend getting the HPT if you plan on doing any other mods to your motor. You state your using the Evo intake, what else is the same from the Evo to your 2.4? You can always tune something as the factory has the motor tuned for fuel economy Vs the best power it can make.
My pentastar went from 19mpg city to 10mpg city on E85 making much more TQ and HP than factory. I have not tried Premium 93 for over a year now as I'm trying to make peak numbers. So I'm guessing you should be able to tune in around 15 actual hp when tuned correctly. Plus the HPT setup you get will also allow you to program other compatible vehicles with the purchase of credits. I've got 2 other vehicles programed so far at $100 per vehicle, just to get them to pass federal emissions. The $100 per vehicle I spent saved them hundreds of $ in repairs.....
As for bolt on's for your motor, a little tweak and tune here and there will help make those bolt ons actually create more hp even if its only 5hp. It all adds up in the end and for a single purchase to help all other components work better together is definitely worth the investment. It's just a matter of you learning how to use the software or pay someone for a tune based on the components you have installed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm currently using HPTuners on my Avenger since Syked Ecu doesn't exist anymore. Granted I have the Pentastar but there is a lot of changes you can do to the engine. The transmission, I can still use my Syked Ecu programmer to make the changes in the transmission but I have my settings good to where I've been trouble free transmission wise for over 5 years since I tuned it.
Using HPT I have my engine setup like the Challenger as a base so I have a starting point of 305hp Vs the 283hp the Avenger has, from there I've been tweaking and tuning little by little using the butt dyno and according to the HPT software I'm hitting 330hp/285tq at the motor. I'd recommend getting the HPT if you plan on doing any other mods to your motor. You state your using the Evo intake, what else is the same from the Evo to your 2.4? You can always tune something as the factory has the motor tuned for fuel economy Vs the best power it can make.
My pentastar went from 19mpg city to 10mpg city on E85 making much more TQ and HP than factory. I have not tried Premium 93 for over a year now as I'm trying to make peak numbers. So I'm guessing you should be able to tune in around 15 actual hp when tuned correctly. Plus the HPT setup you get will also allow you to program other compatible vehicles with the purchase of credits. I've got 2 other vehicles programed so far at $100 per vehicle, just to get them to pass federal emissions. The $100 per vehicle I spent saved them hundreds of $ in repairs.....
As for bolt on's for your motor, a little tweak and tune here and there will help make those bolt ons actually create more hp even if its only 5hp. It all adds up in the end and for a single purchase to help all other components work better together is definitely worth the investment. It's just a matter of you learning how to use the software or pay someone for a tune based on the components you have installed.
thank you so much any suggestions on upgraded cams?

·
Registered
242 Posts
thank you so much any suggestions on upgraded cams?
There are no upgraded cams.....
You need to play with the current cam settings to get the best numbers......
FYI - I have my exhaust set to 109.9deg after 5500rpm.........Intake I'm still playing with but I don't have mine go above 116 up till 7000rpm. I'm also struggling with A/F's not recognizing my 68% alcohol E85 fuel as the pcm thinks I have 85% alcohol. So needless to say im still playing around with my tune.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts