Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently posted my tunes I've been playing around with over on HPTuners. If you have HPT software you should be able to download the tunes to play with....

Pentastar 3.6 FWD tunes "In my car"

Hopefully this link works.....
So far based on HPT software I've gained a little bit more than I did since August......
Now I'm at the point to where I'm looking into purchasing stronger axles and installing engine restraints as I'm tired of feeling the engine jerking between shifts....

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Nice, thanks for sharing:cool:

·
Premium Member
7,357 Posts
Great to hear from you again and thanks for sharing your "tunes"!
I don't have that that software and since our 3.6 equipped '11 DJ is for our son's use, not looking to do any performance upgrades to it. It performs just fine stock! ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Index of /

Here's my latest tunes....
The numbers are based on HPTuners software so the numbers may not be 75% correct. Currently I'm running around 280tq flat across the power band with more to go, which may be flywheel TQ and not wheel TQ if its even accurate. I'v been basically logging every tune I create to see what's changing what, and these numbers are peak numbers that I have hit even if its just a second based on a log.
As for transmission concerns, I've changed my fluids every 30K and my trans fluid is clean and red. I also have an auxiliary trans cooler to aid in keeping the trans cool. So far during the winter months my trans cooler has yet to come into play as the 6speed has an internal bypass and my trans has not heated up enough to send fluid to the trans cooler. I'm old school and think clean cooler fluid helps protect the transmission. I dont do neutral drops, I dont do hard launches with slicks so I pretty much floor it on a roll start to help prevent and strain on the drivetrain parts.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is the latest tune I'm using.........

My 3-8-22 tune

There's more to adjust.....
I've been trying to find the correct injector settings for the Bosch 0280158187 or the GM 12598646 and I cant find anything other than tunes for a GM pcm. I've played around with recommended injector settings to get things close, but there not close enough to help get other readings correct. Especially the Alcohol content readings as the factory pcm thinks I'm running more alcohol than im actually using......

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also note! This tune has my 62TE tuned using SET software. Syked ECU is the only programmer that I know of who had tuning capabilities for the 62TE transmission. So be warned my tune for my 62TE has clean Mopar ATF+4, New Mopar filter, external transcooler big enough for a truck towing. I don't know how HPT works with copying tunes so be warned if my trans tune does transfer over......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts