Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay all! I just replaced my original Steely’s with18charger rims and 235 50 18 tires powder coated black looks very nice however I did not replace the Lugnuts on the hub.Does anyone know if the Lugnuts stem are the same on a charger as the avenger??

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
The stud size and the lug nut sizes are different.
Avenger: Thread Size: M12 x 1.5, Hex Size: 19 mm
Charger: Thread Size: M14 x 1.5, Hex Size:22 mm

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Need to watch for lug seat style also, can compare rim lug seats between the 2 types of rim. For example cone seat or flat face. on the rim.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve been driving on all week doesn’t seem to have an issue. Could you or anyone suggest on what Lugnuts to get I think flat face would be good?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I’ve been driving about a week with the rims on doesn’t seem to have an issue. I’m hoping to fix any issues before they happen. Do you have any suggestions?? And there are the rims in the picture above.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I think you should stick with the cone type. It will help center the wheels over the lug nuts since the openings for the studs on the Charger wheels are slightly larger than the Avenger. Make sure you get rid of the crappy capped factory lug nuts(if you still have them) and get some good solid chrome or black chrome ones to match your rims.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I only mentioned to check cone style as precaution to check not knowing the style rims you went to. My older coupe model factory 17" option rims use a flat shoulder lug nut for tightening surface to the rim instead of the more common cone seat style rims.

·
Registered
787 Posts
If you're using Charger rims, ditch them and get rims with the proper bolt spacing (5×114.3mm/4.5"), the LX rims are 5x114.5 and will never properly fit the JS sedans and convertables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts