Dodge Avenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Sure you did'nt degrease and pressure wash that all down ? That all looks like BRAND NEW !!! Or what is in the air over there in Moose Jaw !!!

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You did not tell me you had half the battle won for doing fab. work to make the swap by having the smaller cousin on hand already. Are you planning to use it as donor car?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Basically that's the plan, but I don't want all the innards for the avenger to go to waste I have 8k+ in the engine and coolant system and I don't want to have to do 2 chassis transfers so I'm shopping for a 2nd eclipse to do a front clip transfer with all my avenger parts and give to my little brother

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
wellll....

Sounds like you have been thinking this one out for a while. Good luck with it and keep us posted on progress. I think it would be a little harder to do if yours had the v-6 like mine.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What, no more coupe drivers out there ? I know that I has seen some members on the forums that belong here. We are few in number and need yo support each other while keeping our coupes ready and able to roll!

·
Registered
83 Posts
And yes it's probably going to be a long time but I want a one of a kind venger
It has been done before, a couple times actually maybe more. I almost did it, but donor car was sold before I could get it and turned our to be stolen.
By the looks of your pics, you already have a one off 'venge

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ty Chuck but if you have Em were always willing to see, I do have a 2nd one but it's donor really bad shape will unfortunately hit a junkyard later on

·
Registered
83 Posts
Two of mine are really rough shape, #4 is solid but abused, #3 needs a motor job and a good rebuild /resto someone already played with rockers (typical for north of the border)

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Been a while, No pics. YET? Come on ya gotta share, would love to see a pic. of your strut brace!

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
HEY ! Where did everybody go? Got real quiet on here, hope all are feverishly working on their coupes. But how about some updates for the rest of us?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Big load of work happening this weekend, AGX'S are going on as well as inner tie rod and plugs, wires, fuel filter, and valve cover gaskets. (I hope I can get it all done Saturday.
Maybe I'll break out the camera and get a few pics just to keep you happy. (not much to look at yet. paint coming in the fall or spring )

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I still would like to see that strut brace, as have not seen one for our coupes. Gem is resting comfortably with daily starts and moves in yard on a weekly basis. Folks here keep asking WHY did it come off the road? And do not comprehend family insurance cost reasons.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Strut brace is for a non turbo eclipse, don't know why it had to be flipped to fit, guess there is a big enough difference in the hoods.

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well.... That 'splains a lot there Lucy! Will have to keep my "eye's" open for one, I think that would be a good addition! Although i was always impressed with the handling Dept. of the Gem, and we have some mighty twisty roads here to negotiate!

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hey guys, once again where did you all go? At least a quick pop in to say you're still here and what you're working on would be nice. FEELING pretty lonely playing with our younger brothers here than talking about the big boy things here!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts