Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a 2008 dodge avenger 2.4l that I recently fixed issue with new battery and new battery cable terminals. The problem was resolved for about a year and last weekend I found myself back in limp mode and found the negative cable was slightly loose and tightened it up but did not solve problem. The electric symbol is flashing on dash and codes p2017, p2016, p2008 and p0570 keep popping up. Sometime during my investigation a strange noise near the fuse box and computer can now be heard when the ignition is turned on and it won't crank the starter until noise is finished. I will try and attach a recording of the noise. Any help would be appreciated. It is the old lady's vehicle so I am unsure if all the recalls were addressed when she purchased it in 2010. Thanks again.
Link to audio clip below. It's on my one drive but if there's a better way to share it please let me know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, the typical way to share audio/video clips online is just to post on youtube and then post a link.

Any logical person would not trust your post for one simple reason, the .ms file type. Personally, I am not going to help because that file has a .ms file type, and I cannot find any documentation referring to .ms as an audio format. In fact, I have instead found multiple sources claiming that a .ms file is a javascript file. Since I don't make a hobby of downloading viruses, I am going to not download it.

Sorry

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Usually that symbol has something to do with fuel delivery like a bad throttle body. That sound could be the gears in the throttle body are stripped or it could be the intake runner control valve stuck open. The valve is located across from the TIPM so it might sound like it's coming from there.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Here's a video on how to replace the valve:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, while I was following the diagnostic process I found just under 5v on the signal wire. So now I'm trying to find the best way to tackle that. I didn't even think of taking a video and using YouTube so I just uploaded it to my one drive. I noticed people were always asking about wiring diagram so here's a library link and choose the Chilton link and the password is - ocpl

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Ok, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,716 Posts
Could be the throttle body. The gears inside can strip over time:

Wood Finger Thumb Nail Automotive wheel system

1 - 8 of 8 Posts