Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a 2010 Avenger R/T. has the 2.4 world engine. 140K miles on the engine so far. Clean title. Super clean interior/exterior. Paid $2000 cash for it.

The previous owner said the driver's side window motor was bad and in need of replacement... I replaced the master switch for $20 and fixed that issue.

Next, he said the brake sensor was going off and needed new brakes. . . brake fluid topping off fixed the light, and the brakes feel fine. I'm going to check the pads this weekend just to make sure, but I feel like this was pretty much a non-issue.

The final issue this car has is that the turn signal lever doesn't stay in place half the time it's used. when using the turn signal ill need to hold it in place to keep the signal on. Would the lever need to be fully replaced, or is it a simple fix as well? I cant find similar issues when googling.

All in all I feel like I got a steal of a deal on this car. I had it checked out a bit while getting the oil changed, and was told there are no leaks found anywhere in the engine compartment. Is there anything I should do for preventative maintenance with 140k miles on the engine, or be looking out for? I have noticed that when idling my RPM bounces slightly. Is this something I should be worried about?

·
Premium Member
6,466 Posts
Welcome to the Forumz. As far as the turn signal stalk, they assembly is easy to replace and not that costly. Couple of screws to separate the column head cover and 2 torx screws that mount the T/sig switch. Check out rockauto for the switch, and be sure of what features your switch has to follow their parts listings to get the correct one.
For PM at mileage, I'd get a fresh set of spark plugs and have the throttle body (interior) cleaned. The 2.4's were known for "gunking up there and partly causing electric throttle control problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts