Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wrapping up my 13 inch rotors and dual piston brake upgrade this weekend but need help on my next project. My car is throwing the P2004 (intake manifold runner stuck open) even after i changed the runner controller module. So im thinking of getting rid of the plastic manifold in exchange for the Lancer EVO X manifold. I've watched a YouTube video where some fellas were able to pull it off, unfortunately they offered no information on how to do it. Can anyone help me on this, i would be willing to film the full tutorial and post on YouTube.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish you the best of luck, I can do some research and tell you what I find... Which engine do you have?
2.4 liter... but it looks like i got some help from another member.. it will be my next major mod for the avenger.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there any advantage to having a metal intake manifold compared to the regular plastic one?
The Evo manifold appears to be easier to maintain and it does not have the same faults as the design of the plastic manifold equipped with runner flaps that subsequently stay open and result in a CEL. Looks are another benefit for some who appreciate the aesthetics of having a metal manifold. Overall, there are benefits to both but you just cant go wrong with metal parts - IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts