Dodge Avenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to forum and have a question. I have a 2008 dodge avenger 2.4L and am getting the code p2004. It seems that this means the IMRC is stuck open. Does that mean I have to replace the IMRC or is this something I can just regrease; or, could this be a wiring problem and if so, how would I go about checking that aspect?
Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Welcome to the forumz!

I'm not sure on this, but I'm looking through the manual right now. I'll let you know if I find something. I would guess probably the IMRC itself at fault though.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Alright, well this is set up differently then the 3.5 so it looks like it probably is a wiring problem. I sent you a pm with some info in it if you want to try and fix this yourself I can help you, but it looks like you may wind up checking out the ECM and everything so I wouldn't try this yourself unless you are very comfortable with this type of thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I'm not super comfortable doing it, but I wanna learn, so I can stop giving my estate to mechanics...lol. Actually, my father-in-law is a mechanic and has all the tools, so I can do the job with a little assistance. What makes you think it is a wiring problem, instead of a problem with the IMRC itself?

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Well I couldn't find anything on the actual part and when I looked up that error code in the manual it gave a bunch of electrical diagnostics steps.

For a private message if you look at the top right corner of the screen it says 'Welcome mowery33' and then two lines under that it says 'Private Messages' in red and underlined. You can't send private messages yet (it's to stop spammers) but you should be able to recieve them no problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks. I sent my email address to you; yes, I would like to do this on my own. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Alright. I haven't gotten your e-mail yet and I'm getting ready to take off. So it I don't get it in the next five minutes I'll send it out to you tomorrow morning.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys. My question is exactly the same as mowery33's. Except mine is a 2009 (2.4L). I found out yesterday about the P2004 code and have a similar situation, but I have a family member who is a Chrysler mechanic. I also do most repairs myself when I have the right tools. I read in another thread to see if the IMRC cable moves, planning on checking it later.
Any info can help. I'm also new to the forums. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I can send you the same thing I sent him. It's the electrical diagnostic steps for error code p2004 from the service manual. If you have a family member who is a Chrysler mechanic he could help you out with it no problem I'm sure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do you still have the electrical diagnostic steps for error code p2004 handy? If so, could you email it to . Gonna try and fix my friends car this weekend.

If anyone has any firsthand knowledge of repairing this issue I would love to hear it. Its an 08 with 105k miles.

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I sent it to you and removed your e-mail address from your post so no spammers would get it. Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello can you please send me the electrical diagnostics to fix P2004 code as well. I would really appreciate it. I have an 08 2.4L with 96K miles

·
Registered
67 Posts
sorry i havent been on.. but i have the same problem.. i have a scanner and i clear the code but i want to fix the problem.. please and thank you

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
I will post copies of the pages here tomorrow. Can someone send me a reminder message so I don't forget?

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Here you go.

·
Registered
4,754 Posts

1 - 20 of 68 Posts