Dodge Avenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I'm currently looking at buying either a Charger R/T AWD or an Avenger R/T AWD. For budget reasons, I'm starting to lean toward the Avenger, however, there are a few things that bug me. For instance, the Dodge website makes it sound like there is only one interior/seat color choice for leather. Is this true? I'm not really liking the drastic 2-tone look (it appears to be light grey and black). I'm hoping there's another choice: perhaps 2-tone dark grey and black? It just seems odd that there would not be any color choices, just cloth or leather.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you are correct...Pretty much one leather choice and one cloth choice...I would have preferred a dark grey/black leather seat option as well, but the two tone light grey/dark grey grows on you...I'm sure it was to keep costs down?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum. I'm currently looking at buying either a Charger R/T AWD or an Avenger R/T AWD. For budget reasons, I'm starting to lean toward the Avenger, however, there are a few things that bug me. For instance, the Dodge website makes it sound like there is only one interior/seat color choice for leather. Is this true? I'm not really liking the drastic 2-tone look (it appears to be light grey and black). I'm hoping there's another choice: perhaps 2-tone dark grey and black? It just seems odd that there would not be any color choices, just cloth or leather.
There is or at least was two color choices for leather when I was looking in Jan. One is a dark gray/light gray combo the other which is what I have in my car is listed on the sticker as Dark Slate Gray/Light Graystone. I can take pictures of mine if you like. Perhaps someone else can take pictures of the other as well for you to compare.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
On the charger there actually 2 colors in leather...Dark slate which is like all black (all one color) and the Light Slate/Dark Slate two-tone...if interior is the issue, you might want to rethink the charger.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
exactly right

They also restrict the interior color on certain exterior colors.
I picked the Lt Sandstone and when I was looking at the interior I wondered about the light interior color. I was told that was the only color available for the exterior that I had picked.

I am worried that over time the light interior might dirty.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
I picked the Lt Sandstone and when I was looking at the interior I wondered about the light interior color. I was told that was the only color available for the exterior that I had picked.

I am worried that over time the light interior might dirty.
I'm not sure if its like the cloth, but check to see if they have the YES stuff on it...its supposed to work awesome, and the only thing I know is that it really is anti-odor...I took my friend for a drive and his wife was cooking onions or something very smelly, he reeked...stunk up the whole car, after he got it and I left, the smell disappeared :p

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I have the light gray/dark grey leather in mine. But I also test drove one that had a light tan/dark grey or something like that. I didn't like the tan at all. Take a look at the pics zeeman has up of his car, thats the same interior I have.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What color is the carpeting on the Dark Gray/Light Gray interior? My car is red and I didn't really see my interior as "tan" then again I'm really colorblind so who knows. :p

I've got 2 younger kids so carpet color was a big concern for me. Mine is black, but for some reason I was thinking the other color choice is a lighter carpet color. Is that correct? Or did I confuse it with one of the other 10 or so cars I was looking at along with the Avenger? :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
What color is the carpeting on the Dark Gray/Light Gray interior? My car is red and I didn't really see my interior as "tan" then again I'm really colorblind so who knows. :p

I've got 2 younger kids so carpet color was a big concern for me. Mine is black, but for some reason I was thinking the other color choice is a lighter carpet color. Is that correct? Or did I confuse it with one of the other 10 or so cars I was looking at along with the Avenger? :)
Mine has like a light grey for the carpet color. Its not bad but I'm sure it could stain easier than black...then again I thought they all had that YES fabric stuff on them?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mine has like a light grey for the carpet color. Its not bad but I'm sure it could stain easier than black...then again I thought they all had that YES fabric stuff on them?
Almost positive that its only the cloth seats that have the YES stuff. I say that because the dealer made a point of mentioning that fabric protection was only available for cloth seats from the factory but that they could recommend a place that could do it for the leather interior or carpeting. I don't think they were trying to sell me anything either because they didn't mention it till I brought it up and they don't actually do it themselves.

·
Dodge Avenger Forum
1,340 Posts
Almost positive that its only the cloth seats that have the YES stuff. I say that because the dealer made a point of mentioning that fabric protection was only available for cloth seats from the factory but that they could recommend a place that could do it for the leather interior or carpeting. I don't think they were trying to sell me anything either because they didn't mention it till I brought it up and they don't actually do it themselves.
Ah interesting...I'm glad I got the cloth then :p

·
Registered
1,529 Posts

Hmmn...I thought I saw it on the window sticker...*pulls out sticker*....yep its on there. However, I think you are right. Reason being is that I got a new leather coat for christmas last year, and I don't wear it much. After wearing it in the car a few times, some of what appears to be the tanning dye rubbed off on the leather part of the center console, in effect discoloring the edges of it slightly.

It doesn't bother me, but I have tryed to clean it off and it won't come completely off. If it was resistant, I would expect I would have had better luck with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hmmn...I thought I saw it on the window sticker...*pulls out sticker*....yep its on there. However, I think you are right. Reason being is that I got a new leather coat for christmas last year, and I don't wear it much. After wearing it in the car a few times, some of what appears to be the tanning dye rubbed off on the leather part of the center console, in effect discoloring the edges of it slightly.

It doesn't bother me, but I have tryed to clean it off and it won't come completely off. If it was resistant, I would expect I would have had better luck with it.
Haha, we must think alike because that item on the sticker is what prompted me to ask the dealer about it. If you look at the window sticker it actually says Stain/oder/static resistant Fabric. Thats what prompted my initial question, does Dodge consider leather fabric? He pointed to the top, and pointed out the blurb that read "Standard Equipment (Unless replaced by Optional Equipment)". He went on to say, The leather seats are optional equipment that replace the YES! Fabric protected cloth seats.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
seats

I'm not sure if its like the cloth, but check to see if they have the YES stuff on it...its supposed to work awesome, and the only thing I know is that it really is anti-odor...I took my friend for a drive and his wife was cooking onions or something very smelly, he reeked...stunk up the whole car, after he got it and I left, the smell disappeared :p
YES seats were provided, no stains yet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts